The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

McCain fought for his country. Too bad he doesn't vote for what's best for his country.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's kind of interesting he went to the Mayo Clinic to treat his tumor, instead of the VA, like his fellow soldiers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Some would argue that what he's doing now is fighting for his country. He wants there to be a bipartisan effort to fix healthcare. Seems reasonable.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That prof who wanted someone to shoot Trump

[​IMG]

5. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  7. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Of all the issues to go after, this is near the top of the list for the DOJ?

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is good too

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Talk about a ray of hope. And from the least expected place.
    The generation with its back against the wall may turn out to be the one that delivers us all

[​IMG]

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

More music to the ears

Secretary Wilbur Ross --

Free Trade is a Two-Way Street"
    “The Trump administration believes in free and fair trade and will use every available tool to counter the protectionism of those who pledge allegiance to free trade while violating its core principles. The U.S. is working to restore a level playing field, and under President Trump’s leadership, we will do so. This is a true free-trade agenda.”

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2017/08/01/icymi-sec-ross-free-trade-two-way-street

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I would be fine if she repeated this every day

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

No, discriminates against Asians more than whites. NYT is fake news!

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

When I went to the Trump rally in the Woodlands (June), besides being a large crowd and long line in the heat, there were ALOT of HS kids trying to sneak into the line (which was resisted vigorously). I thought it was a youth thing (trying to crash the party). On second thought, I didn't really see older kids there like in college. Maybe they were genuinely interested in Trump.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

OUBubba, you've raised an excellent point. Elected officials may campaign on ideology, but they govern by consensus. The extremes (both ends of the political spectrum) can bang their own drum, but getting things done depends on finding an acceptable middle ground - and that requires dialogue. The middle ground will not be "ideal" to either side, but it can be "workable" to both sides.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It is true. Asians suffer the most under the yoke of affirmative action
    Colleges give AAs +200 points on their SATs while Asians get -150 points

We have a situation where college admissions give advantage to an applicant for the sole reason that his/her parents are Mexican over one with Korean parents
    This is just wrong. IMHLO, it violates the EP Clause of the 14th Amendment (a part of the law the Court has simply pretended does not exist). And it needs to stop

• Like Like x 2
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This might be good too

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is the Federalist on the firing of Scaramouche, Scaramouche
    (I know I should stop doing that but it's too much fun)

Instead Of Thanking Kelly For Firing The Mooch, The Media Attacked
    Democrats spent two weeks mocking Anthony Scaramucci, then mocked the Trump administration when it fired him. You can’t win with these people.
    August 2, 2017 By Britt McHenry

"When retired four-star general John Kelly took his new post as White House chief of staff on Monday, he immediately parted ways with a man whom Democrats had spent two weeks vehemently mocking.

You would have thought such a move would be considered a step in the Left’s direction. Yet it took only one glance at social media to realize that the preferred story of the day would be “White House in chaos!”

Let that sink in: The new chief of staff quickly implemented a plan to better the White House, and what’s the story? 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue has fallen into ruins....."
    http://thefederalist.com/2017/08/02/instead-thanking-kelly-firing-mooch-media-attacked/

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

To be consistent with what I kept writing during the election, Presidential elections matter --

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  21. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A couple of posters in here have been adamant recently that a broken campaign promise is a lie.
    Here is John McCain running for re-election in 2016. 'Repeal and Replace' was a major platform that he ran on to get re-elected. Perhaps his single most cogent promise.
    Are you same posters willing to affirmatively state now that John McCain, American hero, victim of North Vietnamese cruelty, is a liar?

23. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

While I would love for this to be true, I'm a bit skeptical of this graph.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

In case you missed it, here is Stephen Miller addressing a questions from CNN (Jim Acosta who is basically an open borders activist) and the New York Times on the new immigration proposal. The White House press room is not a place for real reporters who want real answers. It is instead a place for journalism theatre. The WHPC have become the huddled asses --

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  26. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

McCain wears asbestos pants to prevent flash fires.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Does this hurt or help Trump?

CNN generally seems pretty clueless about Americans living outside the NY-DC corridor

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Obviously we're going to hear about how inhumane and racist (since everything is racist now) this is, but I don't see anything unreasonable about what's being proposed. It sounds like it's trying to gear immigration policy toward economic need, which is what any sensible country does.

• Like Like x 2