The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Apparently this proposal has much in common with what liberal hearthrob and son of Fidel already uses in Canada

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If the Dow closes up today, it'll be 7 records in a row

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  3. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

This is so right. Those guys don't want to ask questions anymore, they want to make speeches. When Jim Acosta will not shut the hell up, he should just move to someone else or end the PC. They are so damn disrespectful. Just glad he stood up to them.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Imagine the Acosta-like preening if they allowed cameras in the SCOTUS

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I don't have a problem gearing it to economic need. There should be a preference for those that can more quickly contribute to our economy. The proposal does leave room for true "refugees" too based on what I read. The English language requirement as a point bonus can be abused and it already a little controversial, obviously.

7. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

I am just going to assume your are saying "Thanks Obama"

8. Seattle Husker

To Trump's credit, I'm sure the talk of removing regulation and tax reform is pushing the stock market higher. The market is future looking. If that doesn't happen (i.e. 15% corporate tax rate) then we'll see a significant market correction. I imagine that Trump won't be talking about the stock market if/when that happens.

Of course, during the campaign Trump was touting that the stock market was in a bubble and would pop the moment the Feds raised interest rates so his financial soothsaying is pretty inaccurate.

The flipside of this runnup is that USD is at an 11 month low in value. We're wealthier on paper but our dollar has less purchasing power.

9. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Technically speaking, Obama attributed his EIGHT YEARS of idiocy to Bush, so you mean "Thanks Bush".

10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The timing of the English requirement is an area where I'd think compromise could be negotiated.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've noticed that. I'm paying about $1.20 per €1 now - up from $1.12 a few weeks ago. Of course, I was paying about $1.35 a few years ago. (Long story, but that's how I actually ended up making money off the hospital bill when Deez, Jr. was born.)

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  13. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

How backwards is it that there is an exemption for over 50 age and living in US for 20+ years? If you've lived here 20 years and haven't learned English, you are exactly the kind of citizen we don't want or need.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. Seattle Husker

The right and the left don't agree on much but it appears their is unison in the criticism for whomever leaked Trump's call transcripts with Mexico and Australia. Dems and Reps are screaming this is very bad for the current POTUS but future POTUS and their ability to have candid conversations with other leaders.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Twitter censored a tweet from Eric Trump today about the NFP Report (jobs)

[​IMG]

17. Seattle Husker

I'm surprised all tweets from Eric Trump aren't censured by the algorithms.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

19. BrntOrngStmpeDe

Terrible idea unless this is step 1 of renegotiating an accord that gets more skin in the game from China, India, et al.

Bailing on this just because it requires a higher standard of production/manufacturing/compliance/efficiency for future products/services is a bad move. This is only good if it leads to higher compliance/contribution by other countries that have so far skated by on the "I'm a developing country" excuse.

• Like Like x 1
  20. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Looks like a great move.

21. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

The accord itself was the terrible idea for countless reasons. For crying out loud, it's a voluntary agreement with 'proposed' parameters of compliance for each country involved that carries no punishment for breaking them.

Yeah sure thing, all these countries with changing leadership and alliances/enemies over the next several decades are going to hold up their end. :rolleyes1:

Well I'm sure many would while we're the ones getting fleeced. Then when their time arrives to start ponying up it's game over.

No way in hell that scam would ever reach it's stated goal as 100% compliance would never even be remotely neared.

But it absolutely would drain absurd amounts of money from our country in the process of failing miserably.

How about they come up with a legit plan that treats every member fairly and equally according to % of gdp or some other universal metric and has enforceable parameters.

Then we can run it through Congress like a treaty and see how it stands up after being dissected to the hilt by scientists and economists on all sides of the political spectrum.

The days of "you can keep your doctor" and "premiums will go down substantially" bs are over. No thanks, they can keep their phony globalist schemes for redistribution of wealth the hell out of my pocket.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

How about we all drop that s--- like a hot potato and go about our own lives and quit thinking we should save the world.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Factory worked calls out Paul Ryan during a plant tour
    -- “We have a majority now … and it still feels like nothing is getting done”

25. Seattle Husker

Just sayin...

[​IMG]

26. Seattle Husker

27. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

one of my neighbors got burglarized last week and we did not hear a peep from the president. Will the horrors never end?

28. Seattle Husker

Touche. In full transparency, I'm actually OK with the POTUS not jumping on every apparent religious related attack. Heck, I remember debating with someone how quickly the POTUS should have publicly commented (or not) when a US hostage was taken by a Somali pirate.

Of course, if you only comment on Islamic related attacks and not anti-Islamic attacks one can easily get the impression of a bias against one religion.

29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

If this were a similar attack on a synagogue in Dearborn, Michigan how long do you think littlefingers waits to tweet about it? I put the over/under at 63 minutes, depending if he was on the front 9 or the back 9. Sad.

PS: I have no problem with POTUS vacations and golf outings. Typically, they work wherever they are. I defended W.'s trips to the ranch amongst my liberal conclave. Just don't rail on it for YEARS and then match 8 years of vacation outings in ONE MF YEAR!!!!!

30. BrntOrngStmpeDe

I would also add...quit going to your own personal resorts to up their cachet so you can charge higher rates later on.