The History of Duke Basketball in 5 Minutes

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Aragorn, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

2. Sgt. Longhorn

Sgt. Longhorn 100+ Posts

That **** is disgusting. Some of those should have been technical fouls they were so blatant.

3. Officer_Cartman

Officer_Cartman 100+ Posts

They should follow soccer's lead and start giving fouls for diving.

4. HornGrandioso

HornGrandioso 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

Coach K, please. You are better than that. Or not.

5. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

The Duke players flop the same way every time. You can see the split-second delay before they realize, "Oh, I should be taking a dive like Coach said," and then fling themselves to the ground, every time with their arms and legs flailing in the air in identical fashion. It couldn't be more obvious that they've been taught that technique.

6. HornFan16

HornFan16 100+ Posts

Those are hilarious, especially the Paulus' flop. My wife, who has barely ever watched any basketball, watched the clip with me and said, "he fell by himself." Hammer hits nail.

7. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

Yeah, the Paulus flop is definitely the gold standard at Duke. I wouldn't be surprised if they use that as a training video for new recruits.

8. TexasD

TexasD 25+ Posts

I will take the success that Duke has had and take the flops with it. Just win baby!!

9. Rockinghorse

Rockinghorse 250+ Posts

[​IMG]

If they wanna hate, let em hate and watch the W's pile up...

PS Hansbrough is good at this too...it's part of the game.

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

With better officiating, it wouldn't be a part of the game, but there are guys who just won't call a charge unless the defender flops or the guy just lowers his shoulder to steamroll the defender.

11. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

For the umpteenth time, Duke is not worth our concern. They just aren't such a dominant program that anyone needs to worry about them.

We need to focus our ire on Georgetown. After about fifty games this year in which they delayed and delayed and stalled and caused the game to go on and on and delaying the broadcast of UT games, what did they do today on national TV when the Horns weren't scheduled to come on next?

They finished on time.