The lie that is White Privilege

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Austin_Bill, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Crock, back in the '90s, Democrats spun all kinds of wild tales about Republicans trying to kill old people by "slashing Medicare" and making them eat dog food. Never once did I see mainstream media fact check them. They just let that narrative stand. It's a big reason why Clinton got reelected. Who fact checked Biden when he said Romney would put blacks back in chains? I don't remember anybody.

The point is that if you let decades of ******** narratives get spun, you look hypocritical and hackish if you suddenly care and about factual accuracy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

A little fact checking then would have been healthy, wouldn't it. As would fact checks on BLM and mainstream news. I like accurate information, no matter whom it helps or hurts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

What exactly did he lie about that deserved to be taken down?

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm all for it, but it'll never happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Is anybody going to fact check Nancy Pelosi accusing Tim Scott of murdering George Floyd?

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

If I hate white liberals does that make me a racist? I literally love watching white liberals get beaten and kicked and basically treated like little female dogs they are.

They are traitors to their race and without an once of pride in themselves. Not to mention they are all a bunch of betas. You know why the liberals wanted to release all the inmates from prison, because when the SHTF goes down, that is who they think will fight for them. As if an inmate will care, they see these white betas and their mouths begin to water.

8. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

She sounds shrill and unhinged to me. Is there anyone in America who can't tell she is full of baloney?

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  9. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

@Crockett my issue is not with Trump being fact checked, just that no one else is. If no one else is, why is he being fact checked? You and I both agree we would like the truth from both the media and politicians, but right now the only push for fact checking seems to be against Trump and the crazy, nonsense rightwing sources (Alex Jones). For example, I did not last long with John Oliver's show because it is just propaganda and he constantly gets facts incredibly wrong. It was not the partisan or major topics that turned me off, so much as the little stuff or less mainstream topics he would cover that I happen to know about. On those he would spout stuff that is just completely incorrect. For example, his story on American Territories years ago was horrendously inaccurate in a lot of respects. I see no push to fact check him.

Unfortunately, I cannot point to any politician or news source in America as being "factual". My primary news source is the BBC because they at least try to report the facts without opinion (they are not perfect, but they try more than any American news source or politician).

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Exactly. Fact check both sides.

And, if the left is found to be lying, don't defend it, which is what the media does.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I watch BBC News, and they are more objective than most news outlets. However, they do have an agenda. During the Brexit fights, it was pretty clear whose side they were on. I would describe the BBC as establishment globalist and moderately Left. They don't like "troublemakers," so they're not going to like a guy like Nigel Farage. However, they're not going to be particularly friendly to a guy like Jeremy Corbyn either. That's the difference between them and (for example) the New York Times. They lean Left, but there's a limit on how far they're willing to go. They won't blatantly propagandize and be overtly partisan or give a platform to total wingnuts like the Times will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

@Mr. Deez I 100% agree with your summary. They will definitely emphasize stories and deemphasize stories in a biased manner. They will sometimes subtly report popular left opinions as facts, etc. However, about 95% of time and at least relative to any other news source, when you read/watch a report from them, you generally are just getting the facts. If there is an "analysis/editorial", it is clearly specified as such. It is nowhere near as sensational or exciting as american news, but I want to know what is going on, not be entertained, when I read/watch the news. American news used to be this way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

And you believe this???