The Masters

Discussion in 'Golf' started by Vol Horn 4 Life, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Quite the run by our guy
    Just cut the lead to two

The home town paper bailed a little early
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Spieth is dialed in: tied with Reed at -14 and making a run for it. Home town paper might have jinxed their boy.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

would've been nice to see Ghim & Jordan representing The University---and hey, Sergio married a Longhorn, so would have been the trifecta!!:hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

What a Sunday by Jordan -- tied for lowest ever Sunday at the Masters.

He's the only under-25 in the all time top 50 PGA money winners. With the $750K Master's prize money he's made more than $37 million and is 18th on the list. The ones just ahead of him, Rory McIlroy, Bubba Watson and Jason Day are still doing pretty well, so Spieth may be 26 in July 2019 before he's all- time Top 15.

7. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

I love how when Nance asked Ghim what he planned to do after this Masters he said “hurry back to school and win my team a national championship”.. love me some Doug Ghim.

A true Longhorn Legend. :hookem::bevo:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I’m Spiethless

• Like Like x 3
  9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

:arrow-up: Very Good Joe!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Caesars in Vegas says a bettor put $20,000 on their 1,000-1 odds that Tiger Woods will NOT win all four majors this year. The payout is $20.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Discussion on VSIN is that this was all about a manipulation of a newly-implemented comp structure. And, unless Tiger wins this week, the ticket can be cashed out before the weekend is even over.

This sort of a bet is, albeit a larger scale, essentially the same as going to the roulette wheel and putting equal amounts down on red or black and then on odd or even. The bet is going to be a wash over a number of spins, but meanwhile you go into the computer at a large amount per spin, thus bumping the theoretical loss figures used in determining comps...

Cannot blame the player for figuring out where the soft spots are...

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

99.99% that he will be able to collect his $20 Sunday Night
    Possibly even Friday Night
    But if Tiger somehow pulled off the miracle, this bet would make it all even greater

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

LOL -- here we go "Tiger Woods now the live favorite to win TheMasters (6-1) "

17. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Meanwhile, Jordan shot a 68 today, 1st hole a bogey, others pars except for 5 birdies. Only 4 others had a better round than 68 today; Woods is still playing, but would have to birdie 3 holes and eagle one to record a 68, uh, no (edit: looked at his round in play right now, looks like made an adding error, Woods will need a birdie and 3 pars in his final 4 holes for a 68, and he birdied the first one, so he'll probably be somewhere around at 68 also).(Final edit, Woods went birdie, then 3 pars, so finished today with a 68 for the round, same as Spieth).

And not a peep on ESPN about Spieth turning around his yesterday's not so good 75 into a 68 today. And from my view today was a very nice day --- save for the first hole bogey, straight away par golf with 5 birdies to spice it up, not up and down and up and down birdie/bogey/par/birdie/bogey like yesterday seemed to be for him. Looks like he's settled down.

Go Jordan!!

OK, to ESPN's credit, they did finally post an article on Jordan's R2 day today.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  18. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Well, phooey, Jordan finished 5 under as compared to the current leaders at 12 under finishing out, Johnson, Schaueffele, Koepka, Molinari, Woods; Fowler at 11 under could still go 12 under on his last, par 4 18th.

Jordan at 5 under in a grouping including Lefty finishing 6 under and Rory finishing 4 under.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

From earlier in the week

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Congrats Tiger on the victory! I said a couple years ago he would never win another major. Too many injuries, personal problems, etc. Well, he sure proved me wrong while looking awesome doing it. I think he's only 3 away from Jack's all time major record and 4 to break it. I sure think it would be cool to see him do it.

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A first time bettor put $85k on Tiger to win
    Cashed $1.19M

22. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

"We created one more millionaire..."

Whatever.....I guarantee that wasn't the first time that dude dropped $85k on a bet, but I'm willing to wager this is his first big win or we would have heard about it. I'm guessing the guy only made up part of the millions he's lost to bookies over the years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Dylan Frittelli tied for fifth in his second trip to Augusta and will return in April.