The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think he just briefly forgot he was out in the public

Article 1, Section 6 of the Constitution -
    “They [Congress] shall in all Cases, except Treason, Felony and Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place.”

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Imagine the reaction from the same people who are currently pretending it's no big deal, if Trump had said the same thing to one of "their" members.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Hell, imagine Ted Cruz had done this and was speaking to Sotomayor and Kagan. We'd have 24/7 coverage and dozens of indignant demands for his resignation, at the very least.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Do we need to add Republican or Conservative to the protected classes list on anti-discrimination laws? They are clearly discriminated against in that they are punished for things that the Left isn't.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Nothing ever happened to Crazy Maxine for her rant about getting up in the faces of Trump Administration people. Is that not a threat to members of the Executive Branch?

Nothing will happen here, either.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Liberals do not improve at math over time
    And think of the multiple layers of failure here
    - the original tweet (from a blue-check WAPO person)
    - the TV production staff
    - lost in space anchor Brian Williams
    - NYT editor Mara Gay
    These are the exact same people who constantly tout "the mantle of science” trying to make us all communist serfs in the name of climate hysteria.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Anyone else remember James Taranto's old WSJ emails? It was the sharpest daily political commentary available. The country suffered when they moved him up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

What happened to him since then? :p

Seriously though, he's parsing the tweet wrong. It's a common expression to refer to "past me" to mean oneself in the past. "as stupid as 1968 I was" makes no sense at all.

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes, I think everyone understood the original intent. Regardless, still more proper to say, “stupid as I was in 1968”.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Nobody thought to check the math at all?

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Zero Hedge banned (again) from Twitter for spreading Coronavirus misinformation.

Deep State

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That is unbelievable. I get making a mistake on-air, but this stuff is reviewed before it goes on. These idiots just saw narratives (too much money in politics; rich people could just give everybody a bunch of money if they wanted to) and ran with it without making even a cursory effort to see if this dumbass on Twitter was correct. Where were the "fact" checkers? And they wonder why people don't think they're as authoritative as they think they are.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Stat, you're correct as usual, but a professional writer should be reluctant to use expressions and slang that are easily discernible in spoken word but are awkward in written word (because of poor grammar, inability to use body language, emphasis, etc.).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This guy did

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I believe if he would have said "as I was in 1968" that would have taken care of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Deez. He went with the steak 2 days ago. :smile1:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

lulz

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

And I was correct. The FBI was trying to get rid of Trump at all costs and they got caught. They lied to the FISA court and Strzok admitted to there being a group of FBI members that were going to get rid of Trump.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You got me now! lulz

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Like Like x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

26. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Of course we did, and anyone who disagreed, wait, no one did. But had they disagreed, they would have been mocked for being unAmerican, soulless monsters and forever ridiculed as pieces of ****. And rightfully so.

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's the same paper

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Funny Funny x 3
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Can you guess how the NYT woman responded to folks making fun of her bad math?
    Guess first

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Honestly, I sympathize to a point. It was a stupid mistake to make a stupid point, but I agree that a few seconds of idiocy shouldn't define a human being. However, there is a colossal hit mob on Twitter that far more often attacks conservatives and just regular people. Has she ever expressed sympathy for or called for restraint in those situations? Not that I'm aware of.

• Agree Agree x 1