The Media Industry

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by texas_ex2000, Jul 22, 2016.

1. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Slightly off subject but I also caught a bit of Fredo Cuomo v Ted Cruz last night. It was a classic match between a real smart jerk and a real dumb one. I don’t care for Rafael much but watching him pull Fredo’s feathers out by the handful was pure delight

2. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

OK, I was on your side until your comment above. :smokin:

"Don't you talk about my Luciille (Farah) like that'
    -Edward Kennedy, from Cool Hand Luke

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  3. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Oh yeah cuz I'm the only man in America who thinks Farrah was insanely hot.

[​IMG]

You digging up the dead like that was funny, tho, so you got that going for you. :)

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yep. It's so bizarre, and it's almost the entirety of the left, not just the media. Trump is like, the easiest candidate ever to come up with legit criticisms against, and yet the vast majority of the main complaints about him (he mocked a reporter for being disabled, he said neo-Nazis were fine people, he told people to drink bleach, he said he was going to stay in the office no matter what, he refused to condemn white supremacists) are just flat-out falsehoods. All it does is lend credence to the idea on the right that Trump is a great representative for them; it's like "he is persecuted and falsely accused just like we are, but he gets to give the rough treatment back to them in kind", so the left just keeps ensuring that most of the right will see him as an Avenging Hero (even the ones who don't like him that much in other ways).

Yep. But I'll help you out here with one really obvious example that should be undeniably considered dumb, sans agenda:

"Buffalo protester shoved by Police could be an ANTIFA provocateur. 75 year old Martin Gugino was pushed away after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment. I watched, he fell harder than was pushed. Was aiming scanner."

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  5. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

In Oklahoma it is the difference of about 5% positivity rate - from about 10 to 15. So, about a 1/3 difference. An epidemiologist we work with has been tracking it since mandates developed.

6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Oh, and FF was hot as balls.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There's no question that the haggling with Fauci and the politicization of mask-wearing created a problem. However, I think the political damage of looking foolish damaged him more than the health impact. And I'm not sure about the "rest of the world." Germany and the UK are both seeing some spikes. In fact, going back on lockdown is seriously being considered here.

I'm sure that's a factor, but he'd be making the appointment even if it wasn't. No President just willingly ditches a Supreme Court nomination.

I don't see much "both sides"-ing from the media. I see Trump largely getting ripped a new one and Biden mostly being praised. They are pointing out that he got obnoxious at times, but they're justifying it as a rightful response to Trump.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Do dudes in Mobilhoma think balls are hot? I guess if we can have a fan of taint here, we can have a fan of balls.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

You caught me! :beertoast:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

It's coincidence. If it was causative you would see the same relationship across all other countries, states, regions. You don't. The virus tracks the same regardless of the precautions taken. The only difference is when the curve occurs due to when the virus gets a foothold in the population.

12. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I quietly, disagree.

13. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Bubba, then you are anti-science. You are welcome to your religion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Did you see that POS Acosta whined that Trump did not take questions as he walked to Marine One on way to Walter Reed?
    :brickwall:

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Another plot?

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The New York Times:
    “Facing Grim Polls, Trump Leans Into Playing the Victim”

The Washington Post:
    “Imagine What it Will Be Like to Never Have to Think About Trump Again”

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I have never heard this idiot before. Is that his real voice?

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Pretty close

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Say what you will about O'Reily, but he was the only one in the media who refused to take crap from frauds like Rubin
    There is no one left who shuts her down like this

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    He could be a pompus azz sometimes but he also was evenhanded.
    That was a great clip.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Tough poll for Pence to win

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

See if you can spot the difference

[​IMG]

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    I thought that USA poll was a fake but they actually did gave it up. It has been taken down now but it was up

• poop poop x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I did skits in 6th grade class that were funnier than this

29. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I don't know if they get good ratings or not. Probably do because even though a lot of conservatives will complain about the liberal slant, they will still, inexplicably, tune in.