The NFL's model citizen

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by HTownBevo, Nov 10, 2016.

1. HTownBevo

HTownBevo 250+ Posts

Colin Kaepernick made a decision not to vote. For anything, one way or another, up or down, left or right. His decisions, his actions represent the NFL whether he or they like it or not.

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

How do his personal decisions represent the NFL? Not sure I follow your meaning.

• Like Like x 1
  3. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

I am actually pretty supportive of fewer people voting especially dumbasses such as Kaepernick.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

If I was against Trump in CA I'd have stayed home too. 2.5 million HRC voters could've took a knee on election day and she'd still have won. :puke:

• Like Like x 1
  5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Love that he protests for reform, but refuses to do the best thing available to create reform. Either he is an idiot or a hypocrite. Oh wait, nevermind we are talking about Kaepernick.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Based on the African American voter population decline, Kaepernick wasn't the only one that stayed home on election day. It seems to me the Black Lives Matter movement is creating a feeling of "despair" within the community that rather than driving change the feeling is any effort is useless.

I don't agree with Kaepernick's position but he's allowed to have it. Though he doesn't seem to have affected change his spark has led to progress elsewhere. Seahawk Doug Baldwin (father is a cop) has met with state and local law enforcement officials trying to effect change. Does that happen if Kaepernick doesn't take a knee and become a story?

7. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

If his father is a cop and he knows there is a problem, why does Kaepernick come into the discussion?

And a news flash - HRC was not black so black voters did not turn out. Pretty simple.

8. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Kaepernick's stance (or kneel) predated other players getting involved. It's not stretch to tie Kaepernick as a spark to Doug Baldwin's actions. The latter simply took an alternate route. The Seahawks took the stance that they stand as a team locked arm in arm in support of the same ideals that Kaepernick was protesting with his kneel.

9. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

And exactly what "ideals" are they protesting? What are the statistics backing up their claims, and what are the causes?

• Like Like x 1