The offense should feel good..

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by chango, Oct 2, 2010.

1. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

They are the best unit on the field for Texas today.

2. launceston

launceston 250+ Posts

Last time Texas was this bad was 1997.

3. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

No they are not. 7 first downs, two by penalty. The offense sucks. ou has a decent balanced offense. They are playing well against our defense, which is tough, but mistake prone (penalties).

Offense, outside of one play, has put absolutely no pressure on the ou defense. Every team ou has played this year has scored plenty against ou. Except Texas. Why is that?

4. UT Longhorn

UT Longhorn 500+ Posts

5. roquentin

roquentin 100+ Posts

washington state has 14 points against ucla. the washington state palyers are better.

6. Back to Texas

Back to Texas 250+ Posts

Our offensive players are not able to make plays. They catch and watch. I watch other teams run the same crap and move the ball upfield by WRs and RBs making one man miss.

7. roquentin

roquentin 100+ Posts

mack doesnt know how to recruit?

8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I wouldn't feel too good about that last three and out. GD has completely given up on the run. ou is pinning their ears back and rushing GG hard.

The two throws underneath were futile attempts.

The defense is attacking. The offense needs to.l

9. Back to Texas

Back to Texas 250+ Posts

Defense has cost us any chance in this one.

10. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

That assumes we had a chance. And to have a chance you need an offense that is a threat to control the ball and score. We lack that element. Not giving the defense a pass, but I doubt our offense would capitalize on additional chances.

11. XOVER

XOVER 500+ Posts

Good grief, our offense is our huge problem against OU, and has been the problem all year. The failure of the running game, in specific, is a drill down problem for the O. But it is also true that we have no consistent playmaker at WR (or anywhere on the O).

The O may gel later in the year, but only after we rack up a loss to NU, and to someone else later on. OSU. Or KSU. Maybe Baylor or maybe AM.

We just cannot put together sustained drives on the O without help from the other team, usually from penalties.

It is going to be a long painful year.

Hopefully, we make a lesser bowl, win it, and go out on a high note.

12. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

awful simply awful. worst texas offense i can remember in a while even going back to the mackovic days.