The Office - 4/10

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by numbereleven, Feb 13, 2008.

1. numbereleven

numbereleven 250+ Posts

Just thought I'd start the thread now. The Office returns with new episodes on April 10. The 25 episode season will be shortened to 14 or 15. They've aired eight, so that means we have six or seven new ones coming our way.

2. Pimpology

Pimpology 100+ Posts

April 10th!!??! 80% of the actors are the writers. They need to get on that **** after their two month vacation.

3. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

If the writers, of any show, were smart, they would have had episodes written and ready to film pronto. The first shows back will be the ones with buzz and a return of their viewing base. The longer they sit it out, the longer viewers have to keep away in general.

4. CharlestonHorn

CharlestonHorn 25+ Posts

Sucks it won't be back until April, but I am already excited at the thoughts of new episodes. I'm glad none of the actors involved have developed huge movie careers yet. I want them all to stay in Scranton forever.

5. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

No hour-longs at all.

6. Michael Knight

Michael Knight 1,000+ Posts

7. Pimpology

Pimpology 100+ Posts

In the case of The Office, it seemed like new episodes stopped immediately with the strike, like there was a one or two week turnaround to make a new episode. If that is true, I don't know why it will take 4+ months to get a new one out, and why they are cutting back on the season. They should just have the season go later into the year than normal.

8. veggieboy

veggieboy 500+ Posts

It sucks it will take that long to get a new episode, but that is a great birthday present for me!

9. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

if i had been a writer for the office and out of work for 4 months, i would have at leat put together some story outlines and put together a few drafts. i would have been bored to death, plus, they knew the strike was eventually going to end either by agreement or a break in the union.

10. Fried JJ Pickles

Fried JJ Pickles 1,000+ Posts

Even if they wrote episodes during the strike, there's still a matter of production that will involve accounting, contracts, acquisition of props, scheduling, etc.

All of that stuff takes time too.

11. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

12. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

I didn't become an "Office" fan until after the strike began. Since that time, thanks in large part to TBS and my friend who lent me all of season's 2 and 3, I am an "Office" addict. I look forward to actually watching an episode when it airs originally on NBC, rather than watching a rerun several years after the fact.

13. Xminus6

Xminus6 500+ Posts

14. Bill_McNeal

Bill_McNeal 250+ Posts