The Prevailing Windbags of Lubbock

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by 12thStudStan, Oct 29, 2006.

1. 12thStudStan

12thStudStan 250+ Posts

Anyone who has ever wondered what on earth could have possibly caused the Texas Tech mascot horse to commit suicide by running full speed into a concrete wall should read or listen to the pathetic excuses & conspiracy theories continuously regurgitated by Tech fans about how their football team got their asses handed to them by seven old men in white stretchy pants and it all suddenly becomes crystal clear. No self respecting horse could go on living around that kind of alternate reality mindset that exists in Lubbock.

Did the refs whisper in Leach’s ear to run on 4th down against the #2 rushing defense in the country when they had amassed a total of 0 yards on the ground all game? Were there guys in black & white stripes blocking for Colt McCoy on his 33 yard scramble for a first down to seal the game in the closing minutes of the 4th period? Of course not. But how could Tech blow such a huge lead without officiating help? No, Tech fans, the answer is not muledick.

The Texas defense, in spite of the worst 1st half performance of all time, froze the Tech side of the scoreboard in the 2nd half allowing Tech into the red zone only twice and stopping two drives on key 4th down plays. The spots were correct, upheld by replay review and are absolute and irrefutable. The Texas offense kept charging all game and didn’t let the many turnovers damper their spirits or confidence and fought to overcome a 21 point deficit led by a redshirt freshman QB who will, no doubt, make Tech fans lives even more miserable during the next 3 years. There were some questionable calls and non-calls that helped and hurt both teams, but none determined the outcome of the game. The Texas Longhorns determined the outcome of the game. Sure Tech had 12 penalties for 127 yards, but the week before against Iowa St. they had 14 for 129 with a completely different officiating crew. The only constant present seems to be the undisciplined Texas Tech football team, not some burnt orange conspiracy.

Champions win tough games and losers whine and complain. Now the whole world knows that the prevailing winds aren’t the only things that blow hard in Lubbock. Congrats to Tech fans everywhere for winning the 1st half, you gaping-mouthed whiney babies, and sorry about that overall statistical loss thing. I’m sure the sour taste of losing doesn’t make the muledick taste any sweeter.

2. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

3. ifpt999

ifpt999 First Time Poster

Post of the year.

4. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

999, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Hook'em!!![​IMG]

5. Ron_Weaver

Ron_Weaver 25+ Posts

Could not possibly have said it better myself. Damn that is a good post.

6. Bevo71

Bevo71 500+ Posts

In reply to:

7. longhornjoe03

longhornjoe03 100+ Posts

8. bdog33

bdog33 100+ Posts

9. Chalupa72

Chalupa72 250+ Posts

10. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Stan needs to post more often. That was the anti-Spidey.

11. lecturer

lecturer 250+ Posts

My understanding is that Stan got most of that post from an Ohio State poster's commentary on UT fans back in September.

12. El Indio

El Indio < 25 Posts

I'm a bit new here. Do tell re the meaning of mule dick. BTW, great post.

13. #3Rules

#3Rules 250+ Posts

14. WhoooTex

WhoooTex 100+ Posts

15. History Horn

History Horn 100+ Posts

16. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

17. 98HornGirl

98HornGirl 25+ Posts

Stan - thanks for saying so eloquently what I haven't been able to. After the game I text messaged a former co-worker/"friend" at Tech and just said "helluva game". Her reply back? "Yeah, 2 bad u paid so much 2 win". [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

18. jdhu

jdhu < 25 Posts

some of you guys have borderline-Sooner or Aggy obsession issues...

I think I speak for most TTU fans in saying that it was a great, entertaining game, and the better team won...

You complain about Tech fan's lack of "class," show some yourselves...

19. Zorro

Zorro 25+ Posts

I am happy to say that I know many classy Longhorn alumni and fans.

Thankfully, none of them are anything like 12thDudStan and his classless minions.

20. WhoooTex

WhoooTex 100+ Posts

21. Zorro

Zorro 25+ Posts

WhooTex, it was an exciting, hard-fought game. As always ... an honor to have one of our conference-mate teams in Jones Stadium. Congratulations to the Longhorns on the win.

I'm sorry if you consider yourself to be one of 12thDudStan's classless minions, but of course that is your perogative.

22. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

Look here Tech fans on this thread. Don't blame Stan because the taste of losing doesn't make the muledick taste any sweeter. It's not his fault. [​IMG]

23. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

If Katie would let us have sub handles, I want to be known as "One of 12studstan's Classless Minions."

24. lecturer

lecturer 250+ Posts

Well, even the most biased, unreasonable UT fans couldn't blame the officials for the Ohio State game. I mean, afterall it was 24-7.

That's not to say there was not plenty of whining tho. The coaching staff didin't do this, the OSU fans are meanies and classless, they fouled our tailgate areas, etc

Hell, look at today's posts on this board--you won and there's whining about the whining, whining about cheap shots of 10 years ago--the game posts from the 1st and 2nd quarters are the esence of whining.

Fact of the matter is, I suppose I'm now whining about you whining about whining.

25. Zorro

Zorro 25+ Posts

26. godzilatron

godzilatron < 25 Posts

My theory: Now that we have replay, anytime there is an "official review" of a call against the home team, and the call is confirmed, the fans automatically conclude they got jobbed. I mean, they wouldn't review it unless it was a bad call, would they?

Neither one of those spots should even be questioned, as the replays showed they were obviously correct. The fourth-&-15 catch was blatantly short of the 20. But no, because there was a review, we get techies bitching about "conspiracies."

27. lecturer

lecturer 250+ Posts

Let me also add, I was damn entertained by Mack whining prior to the game even starting--"they're (TT) going to get every call". Too funny.

28. Zorro

Zorro 25+ Posts

Godzilatron, I don't believe you'll find any "techies" bitching about refs and conspiracies on this thread. Instead, this thread has Longhorns going to great lengths to justify the officials, while simultaneously dissing Tech fans. Oh, and 12thDud Stan and his minion WhoooTex discussing their affinity for muledick taste.

29. 12thStudStan

12thStudStan 250+ Posts

I’ve got minions? Thank my lucky stars! I’ve always wished for just a single minion and now I have minions and am, no doubt, on my way to becoming a minionaire.
    Seriously, thanks for the responses. Especially the stupid ones. I didn't read anyone here blaming the tOSU loss on any external forces, so I have no idea where that silly notion came from. tOSU was simply the superior team that day and in my opinion still is.

el indio - The muledick reference is from a joke that features either sand aggies or regular aggies. It is the most fundamentally stupid joke that I know so the reference seemed to fit well with the arguments being thrown about by some tech fans. Others would tell it better, but here it goes:

Two sand aggies were driving the long dusty road of shame back to Lubbock from Austin after having witnessed their team take another beating from the Longhorns. They decided they would play a word game to pass the time away.

Driver: I’ll think of a word and you try to guess what it is by asking me questions other than what the word is.

The driver then thinks real hard to come up with a word. A word so obscure that it would be nearly impossible to guess. The word he came up with was muledick.

Driver: Ok, I’ve got my word. What is your first question?
    Passenger: Can you eat it?
    Driver: Yeah you could eat it, but it wouldn’t taste very good.
    Passenger: Is it muledick?

30. Zorro

Zorro 25+ Posts

Did you make that up all by yourself, or did you have help? It's remarkably clever, suggesting the latter.