The SEC Sucks

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by El Torito, Sep 22, 2017.

1. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

or so says Paul Finebaum:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/22/sec-kingpin-paul-finebaum-admits-the-conference-is-garbage/

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Didn't read the article but did I see a statistic recently on ESPN that the SEC was 6-5 opening weekend and then 5-6 last weekend in non-conference games? That's pretty poor for a conference some once considered the best in the country.

3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

SEC starting going down about the time Aggy entered. Coincidence?

• Like Like x 4
  4. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

No coincidence, it just remains true as it always has been. It will be hilarious to watch who they replace Sumlin with. I just hope our new hire works out here in Austin. If we both suck it's no fun anywhere.

5. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I said this in another thread, but it's really just the ebb and flow of life. A University thinks they make a fantastic hire EVERY time. Most of the time, with MOST every school, it doesn't last DKR and Mack long with DKR and Mack success. A few years ago, the SEC had a great group of coaches with a talented coaching staff. The talented staff gets hired out, the coaching strength dilutes, great assistants aren't always great head coaches. It's happening in the SEC now.

Ebb and flow.

It's why I never rail on Charlie. He was a good man, who treated the University and the kids with respect. He did what 90% of major program head coaches do, fail to meet expectations. Why get pissed at what is most likely to happen? Doesn't make sense.

• Like Like x 4
  6. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I guess I thought this thread was aimed at laughing at SEC no longer being dominant. Misery loves company? But your absolutely right about the ebb and flow of life and college football. The difference is in life you cannot point your finger and laugh, but in college football you can......

7. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

The sec is basically just Alabama and it's been that way for awhile. The rest of the league is watered down.

• Like Like x 1
  8. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Had Charlie (or whomever) taken us back to the Top 10, the B12 would have had TX, ou, osu, baylor, and tcu all with good, strong programs. But we were marginal and baylor (well, you know).

It's all in the coaching hires. We know there are plenty of talented players in Texas and the southeast. The right coaches make teams in both conferences top programs.

also aggie and OU sux.

9. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

You're welcome.

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yep. If you had to come up with the top 10 coaches in college football, would anyone in the SEC but Saban be on the list?

11. LtSwtCrude

LtSwtCrude Guest

aggie go... SEC SEC SEC SEC ... shhhhhh

• Like Like x 3