The Travel Ban

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I don't like the diversity visas. There may be reasons to alter selection criterion for benefits within our borders. There's no reason for affirmative action towards immigrants.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

In an equally surprising admission, I have no problem with banning any modification or attachment that's intended to make a semi-automatic rifle fire more rapidly than the original specs. :beertoast:

• Like Like x 4
  3. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I concur on each. That's progress right there.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This guy got into the United States posing as a refugee. We gave him a green card. Yet, at the time, we were repeatedly being lectured to that this was not possible, that "immigrants" coming to the United States from war-torn countries are merely refugees -- not potential terrorists. In fact, for merely attempting to raise the idea that this was possible, you were branded a 'racist.' We were told vetting military-aged males from failed states with high levels of terror activity could be done. Plus, we already screen for terrorists!
    Yet here we are again watching reality trump liberal ideology.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    I remember being " schooled " by SH on how intensive and detailed our "vetting process" was for people from that area. That we could trust the Obama state dept who was telling us how stringent the vetting process was.
    After all if you can not trust Ahmed who vouches for Muhammad, who can you trust?

6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Who said it was "not possible"?