The University of Phoenix

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by austintex, Jan 29, 2008.

1. austintex

austintex 500+ Posts

They must have a great football program, because their stadium is top-notch:

[​IMG]

2. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

We are trying to schedule them for the opening game next year. I'll bet they just mail it in.

3. WildWillie

WildWillie < 25 Posts

Our group has commented on that fact several times. They must have gotten a kickback or something from Bidwell and the Cardinals to let them 'own' the stadium and since it's for educational purposes, they get a tax break. But maybe I'm just cynical.

4. Longhorn Charlie

Longhorn Charlie < 25 Posts

I think it's funny that the Cardinal's left Sun Devil Stadium partly because it was a college stadium. Then they sell the naming rights to the University of Phoenix. They'll always play in a college's stadium [​IMG]

5. wright11

wright11 25+ Posts

i still think "Pink Taco Stadium" is better

6. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

This morning, I thought to myself they should have bought the naming rights to a stadium somewhere outside Phoenix. Because then people would wonder more about the institution behind the stadium name. As it is now, anyone who doesn't know will just assume it's a school located in and named after the city of Phoenix.

7. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

8. HornOnTheBayou

HornOnTheBayou 250+ Posts

Greatness, accurate! [​IMG]

9. Meursault

Meursault 250+ Posts

10. BayouCityOrange

BayouCityOrange 25+ Posts

Who's their biggest rival, ITT Tech?

11. texashorne

texashorne 250+ Posts

Their rival is Devry University, aka cyberaggy.

12. univoftexasman

univoftexasman 25+ Posts

I've read their online degree program has more national respect than aggy! [​IMG]

13. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

14. ballrific

ballrific 500+ Posts

what's their brand, online diplomas? No, really, I don't know much about them but I wonder how their degrees measure up in interviews, resumes, etc..

15. Owlhorn

Owlhorn 500+ Posts

They do online as well as have campuses. Not the typical mail in college as many think. They actually seem to have decent accredited programs. Its simply more adult oriented like many of the night programs that some Universities are starting to offer.

16. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

They are accredited; online degrees are not diploma mills of the past. UT offers similar these days.

17. Eating Club

Eating Club 250+ Posts

How quickly you earn a Phoenix degree depends on what kind of internet service you have.

18. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

19. wildcat09

wildcat09 100+ Posts

I hear they're friends with wofford (damn w-sips). Because of this, I think that we shouldn't call them "The University of Phoenix". Instead, we could really piss them off by calling them "phoenix university", or simply "pu".

Oh, and f**k wofford.

20. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

21. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts