"The was just about the worst play from..."

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Detective Shilala, Oct 9, 2016.

1. slowrider

slowrider 250+ Posts

Watch the replay. The DB was trailing the receiver and then a linebacker runs right into him, actually face mask to face mask. There was no question it was PI. This was the second pick.

The first interception was a good play. The receiver double caught the ball and it bounced right into the safety's hands.

2. slowrider

slowrider 250+ Posts

Charges were dropped. I believe your DUI starting senior guard was playing as well. Do you really want to start throwing stones?

3. slowrider

slowrider 250+ Posts

The side judge said their feet got tangled and that's why he didn't throw the flag. He obviously wasn't watching the play. The pass was on target. I saw it from the stands and via replay. Refs miss calls on both sides. I was just agreeing with the previous poster.

4. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

No it wasn't catchable at all unless the OU WR was 15 feet tall. It wasn't just a few feet over his head, it was so high that our DB caught it about 13 to 15 yards further down field shoulder high.

• Like Like x 1
  5. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

#1 shouldn't see the field again......So Gilbert is not off the hook either. Every time I saw #1 out there I said...WTH ?

6. slowrider

slowrider 250+ Posts

Agree to disagree

7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Slowrider,

I was sitting about the 35-40 yd line in the West side upper deck, but what I saw from my angle was them getting their feet tangled up and both going to the ground. considering that this was Reggie Smith's crew, and they are the Big XII's worst crew, I was waiting to disagree with any kind of call they made.

I refrain from saying that I agree with anything that one of Walt Anderson's dip **** crews does for fear that would be a true sign of the Apocalypse.

8. LAGA4

LAGA4 500+ Posts

Boyd was busy, had to answer a tweet.

9. slowrider

slowrider 250+ Posts

I was also sitting/standing in the Westside upper deck on about the 10. Although it happened right in front of me I did not really see it until I watched the replay.

10. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yeah and the tweet he got said..."Bro! Just ran past yo *** and I'm gonna scoe!!!"

11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I don't have a problem with Jordan Thomas or Kent Perkins being on the field. I do wonder when/if the Joe Mixon tape will ever be released.

12. slowrider

slowrider 250+ Posts

I believe that it will be at some point. I am not an attorney but it has something to do with the Civil suit that was filed. The girl's attorney doesn't want it released until the case is heard or settled. They are waiting until he is drafted to see what his resources will be.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Before that Kris Boyd play, It seemed like we were on equal footing and had a shot to win the game. That play was whenever I said to myself "here we go again"... And the route was truly on after that play.
    It breathed life into Mayfield who really came to life and started in with his special snowflakedness.

I think someone needs to look into gambling on this program. It seems like some of our defensive players have been got to by the oddsmakers. - I am only half joking.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Ha ha ha ha!! I like that.

15. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Funny you say that. Ive seen some defensive plays this year that have made me say "did our player just mess up on purpose?" Probably not, but our defense looks so bad it seems like they almost have to be doing it on purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

You guys speculating on gambling has caused me to fear that Gladchuk might become our next AD.

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

He tried to give it away at the end, but the football had other ideas. Not the first time recently that OU's QB has nearly blown a lead with a late game fumble only to have it bounce the right way. Remember in 2010 when Landry Jones likewise fumbled on 3rd down when OU was trying to run out the clock, but it bounced away from the defender and Jones managed to dive for it and slap it out of bounds. This year was even more obnoxious though as we were only down 5 instead of 8 and had a better offense than we did then.

Sad but true. Even if all the coaches magically disappeared from the stadium on gameday, the players still should know better than to do some of the bizarre stuff they are doing....

18. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

And yet that same #7 was who we kept attacking. Even after injured Okie DB's were replaced with true freshmen we kept going at him.