This cannot be happening...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Zone Read, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Zone Read

Zone Read 100+ Posts

Got tickets last week. Taking my wife and 2 kids. My back has been sore for weeks, been doing exercises, stretching and taking lbuprofen and Naproxen. Got a little better, but last night when getting up from a chair I felt something snap in my lower back. My flight is in 5 hours and I'm in absolute agony. I've got a 4 hour flight and have to sit through the game. I need some suggestions on what to do.

2. Pitter09

Pitter09 250+ Posts

Chiropractor, Accupuncture, some other Eastern remedies?

3. UTEX69

UTEX69 250+ Posts

Shot of tequila and smoke a joint [​IMG]

Seriously, I feel your pain, been there...

....get an aisle seat, stretch out your legs, try to zen out, relax and work through it

Good luck
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Bierman

Bierman 100+ Posts

I had the same problem and went to a chiropractor. Had a rib that was dislocated. The Dr. popped it back in and I feel great. See ya in Pasadena! [​IMG]

5. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

6. Shark4

Shark4 2,500+ Posts

7. UT Fanatic

UT Fanatic 25+ Posts

Sounds like you would be MISERABLE. Sooo-- give your tickets & flight to me so you can stay home and get well! [​IMG]

8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

What shark said

9. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Fly out there, Mike Leach yourself until game time, then suck it up and play with pain.

10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

candidate for a Code Shed?

[​IMG]

Adult beverages of choice pre-flight ought to help with the sitting for the flight...rinse, lather and repeat for the game [​IMG]

11. Zone Read

Zone Read 100+ Posts

12. brwhorn

brwhorn 100+ Posts

In addition to Shark's suggestions,

3) Salt Tablet

13. hook_em_jesus

hook_em_jesus 25+ Posts

I'll take your tickets and your flight...

14. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

15. dang-str8

dang-str8 1,000+ Posts

Rub some Robitussin on it... let it soak in really good...

16. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

17. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

Could definitely be a rib disfunction. Going to see a chiropractor couldn't hurt, and might help quite a bit.

For the long term, go to a doctor, get it checked out. It probably requires physical therapy. Find a GOOD physical therapist, one who will treat the problem and not just the symptoms. Rib disfunctions usually have some underlying core weakness that you need to strengthen.

If the chiropractor doesn't help, then follow the advice above-- plenty of booze can only help.

18. UT Fanatic

UT Fanatic 25+ Posts

19. TAF1

TAF1 25+ Posts

See if you can get some hydrocodone (vicoden) prescribed. It blocks the pain receptors in your brain, so your body doesn't realize it's in pain. Good short term solution.

Get to the doc when you get back, and get an MRI if still in pain.

20. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Vicoden is good. Just remember it could be worse, you could be an aggy and that would suck!

Enjoy the game! Feel the pain later... [​IMG]

21. BevoNation

BevoNation 500+ Posts

I like to use non-drowsy dramamine... for some reason that works really well for me.

22. OUsucksATMblows

OUsucksATMblows 250+ Posts

I suffer from back pain everyday. I take 4 vicodin/hydrocodone a day. It will help you get through the game. If you don't take them on a regular basis, then make sure to drink some coffee or some take some type of caffeine before the game. You don't want to be "knocked out" before the game. Also, take them throughout the day. Don't take them all at once.

23. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

Your Doc may not be willing to prescribe Vicodin without at least seeing you, as it's widely abused. If he turns you down, ask for Tramadol. It's milder and has little potential for dependency, so you might have a better chance at getting some. I take it every day for chronic pain, and it is pretty effective. Good luck.

24. Longhorn01

Longhorn01 500+ Posts

get an epidural

25. Alto Relex

Alto Relex 250+ Posts

I had something very similar about 10 years ago and it was so painful I couldn't walk--stabbing pain shooting down the legs. Crazy hurt. Wife brought me to a chiropractor, I'd never considered them before, thought they were quacks. He put me sideways on a little table, made a couple of little adjustments that I could barely feel and just like that the pain was gone. It's never come back.

26. Fanatic already posted the tickets on SwapMeet. He's given up on the National Championship because the National Championship has given up on him... [​IMG]

27. Heretic Horn

Heretic Horn 250+ Posts

Doesn't everyone have friends in California who are medical marijuana patients? Problem solved! [​IMG]

28. SitraAchra

SitraAchra 100+ Posts

Time to dial it up to the narcs. Naproxen is good, but JV. Schedule a quick visit with your PCP as a walk-in, explain your situation, and hopefully he/she will have mercy on your soul and give you enough vicodin to make it through the weekend.

29. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

Walk it off.

We need you right now.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

30. UT Fanatic

UT Fanatic 25+ Posts