Ticket prices falling ... fast

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Barton Hills, Dec 16, 2009.

1. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

Yuma, you're exactly right. I questioned the $275 the Rose Bowl people get and that's what they told me. So face is $275 but the schools are limited to $200 per.

2. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

The tickets I have say $275.00 on the face of the ticket. They were purchased through ticketmaster, but they were over 275 with fees. So the "face value" was 275.

3. 4Horns

4Horns 100+ Posts

Razor Gator just went under $700 for two pairs. Granted they are Sec 10 Row H, but at $660 they are about $100 cheaper than they were one week ago.

I'm done. I got four in Sec 2H for $3800 and four in Sec 28H for $2900. Both mid rows, both cash in hand.

4. hornfan13

hornfan13 25+ Posts

Just an FYI... there are several tickets out there available now in the upper $500s.

5. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

6. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

And I'm sure "upper 500's" is pre-service fees, too.

7. White Castle

White Castle 100+ Posts

Saw a single in row A of sec 26 or 27 go on ebay today for $660. Cheapest one I've seen in the last few days...

8. 4Horns

4Horns 100+ Posts

Check Orangebloods. I saw a $600 ticket there this morning. On Swap Meet a pair sold for $1200 a day or two ago. I'd also work ebay.

9. joebevo

joebevo 25+ Posts

Remember, people are gift buying for Xmas. That has to play a role too. So, are we looking at tickets taking a bigger fall soon after the holiday. And to those thinking the demand will be the same as USC, why is ticketcity partnering with orangebloods to offer a special deal with a free tailgate pass. I don't remember that ever happening for USC. And ticketcity knows the market.

10. hornfan13

hornfan13 25+ Posts

11. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

12. joebevo

joebevo 25+ Posts

But the silly hamster toy market will fall off after Xmas. Why not the same here [​IMG] . I'm just saying there is a premium on these tickets as we get closer to Xmas. Less so after but for how long?

13. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

That's true in a sense, but that should be more than outweighed by the increased demand as we get closer to the game, and the decreased supply as the current overload of student tickets gets bought up. Remember that it was only this past week that all these tickets went out, hence the big spike in supply.

It's hard to say what'll happen. I do think that the prices are getting pretty good right now, so I'd jump on them if I were in the market. That's just me, though.

14. tsquar

tsquar 250+ Posts

Now seems a good time to purchase. Tickets in UT sections are cheaper now than several weeks ago for sure. If I had more patience,...

15. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

I'm betting that by now, the bulk of those travelling to the game have already secured tickets.

Ticket prices will continue to come down. They will be at their lowest a day or two before the game. There won't be people interested in coming to the game at the last minute, as there was with USC fans that live withing 30 minutes of the venue.

16. coryomfs

coryomfs 25+ Posts

More tickets are being added for sale on Ebay every day. 5 days ago they were selling for roughly $825/seat, now $700. (I am comparing groupings of 4).

17. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

18. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

19. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Hornfans Swapmeet is the way to go.

20. Whiterock Horn

Whiterock Horn 1,000+ Posts

21. ShatyUT

ShatyUT 100+ Posts

Interesting. Either way, $275 just seems far too much for face value. Not that I wouldn't have paid more if I had to but still....

22. HornFinc

HornFinc 250+ Posts

23. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

About 4000 tickets went off StubHub's inventory this morning. Looks like they may be done short selling, which is an indicator that they think the market has just about bottomed out.

24. hookemjoeman

hookemjoeman 25+ Posts

2006 Face Value --> $175
    2010 Face Value --> $275

and both schools have LESS tickets allotted to them in 2010 than in 2006.... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. theredbarron

theredbarron 25+ Posts

I saw that - number of tickets on StubHub reduced from 9k to 5k, but number of ticket listings (1500) is pretty much identical to yesterday. Strange.

26. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

The lowest price was $600 on one site, but there are the fees. I don't think the price will approach 2006, Southern Cal is not there. I think prices will come down more. I think there will be tickets at the game, too.

27. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

28. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

29. joebevo

joebevo 25+ Posts

I agree tickets may be had at the game. Many more available than '06. I still see too many OBO on craigs & other sites. I think too many people were turned off by the $1,000 prices & decided against going. Too
    expensive now to make travel arrangements. Also the game is on a thursday. I know that sounds like is shouldn't make a diffference but still
    folks don't want or can't take days off in this economy.

Regarding the short selling theory on stubhub, I think that's just a ploy. I
    mean tickets available going from 9k to 4k & the listing count remain the
    same? Hmmmm.

Here is something else i've noticed too, in '06 you had many more posts & feedback on this board. This year it seems very relaxed. I just don't think there as many people here looking to buy. Just my thinking.

30. REALBIGHORNFAN

REALBIGHORNFAN 250+ Posts

I paid $1,800 for a pair 10 days ago. In 2006, I paid $2,000 for a worse pair. I figured this year's prices would rise to $2,000 for a pair (thus making me look smart), or fall to $1,500 for a pair. At this point, I wish I had waited, but at least I don't have to sweat it out. No regrets. I am shocked how low the prices are right now. Obviously, this is a different story if the game is played in New Orleans, or Miami. I think the travel expenses are killing both UT fans and Bama fans. It is not very often that none of the fans from either team can drive to the game. God help you if you didn't book a flight early! Hook 'Em!