Tire Theft ... I thought it was only in movies

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Barton Hills, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

I thought this was only in movies ... like "I'm Gonna Get You Sucka".

Buddy in Houston comes out to his parking garage ... his SUV is ON BLOCKS. All four tires were stolen while his car sat parked.

Awesome.

2. Longhorny630

Longhorny630 1,000+ Posts

C'mon man, I had my driver side door stolen out of Brazos Garage my freshmen year. And to think they left a perfectly good radio (cd player is broken) just sitting there! People will steal anything

3. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

A friend of mine had a tire stolen off his car in the parking lot at work a while back. Apparently someone had a blow out. They rolled the tire over to my friends car, jacked it up, put the bad tire under my friends axle and took his tire, then sat that car down on the bad tire.

4. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

I was hanging out at a friend's house in San Antonio one Christmas break and heading back to Austin late. Some guy was in his driveway working on the final wheel.

He hauled *** and we recovered the other three down in a drainage easement, plus kept his jack and the tires he was using as blocks. I always meant to take them to the tire resale place on N. Lamar, but finally just disposed of them.

5. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

The guy that lives across the street from us had all four of his wheels/tires stolen off of his truck a couple of years ago in the middle of the night. Pflugerville area.

The *******(s) that did it took a crappy plastic chair off of a neighbor's porch and our welcome mat(why a welcome mat??). Plus they took some bricks from around another neighbor's front garden to set the truck down on.

6. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I assume the welcome mat was so that they did not get dirty when they got on their knees to turn the lug wrench. I need to maybe stop chiming in on these posts with how the perp thinks or does, huh? I have a sordid family background, really, honest I do. [​IMG]

7. Bernard

Bernard 1,000+ Posts

In 2000-2001, I was living at the West Dallas Place Apts (now called AMLI Town Square) near the corner of Dallas and Montrose in Houston. On a single night, 17 cars had their wheels/tires snatched and were left on blocks. It was pretty impressive.

My '89 Accord wasn't touched.

Bernard

8. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

I had five cars in my driveway last year. Two idoits broke into all of them and stole a bunch of stereos they couldn't get 100 bucks for. They did however do about four thousand dollars worth of damage to my cars and my kids cars.
    Law wouldn't come to take a report. They just ignored us.............four days later I a find out from an attorney friend that lives down the street and got hit too, that the two little ******** were caught the same night. One of them lived in my neighborhood.
    I called to get the names and the PO PO wouldn't give me any info as it was ongoing.
    Attorney buddy worked it a little and found out they got deferred adjudication. 13 total cars they ****** up for nothing.
    I called down and asked for my stuff back since it technically was not prosecuted and they game me the runaround. So I kept calling. Three days later at three am I got two parking tickets for parking in the street . Message received. I wouldn't even care, but they would not even take a ******* report.