Titans at New England

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Jan 4, 2020.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Close game. Titans lead 14-13. Neither team has scored in the second half so far. Titans QB just dropped the snap on third down on NE side of 50, so Titans had to punt. NE takes over at their own 11 with 4:44 to go in the game. Can the old man pull off a last ditch drive for a field goal?

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I hope so. No love for the Titans

3. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

2 Minute warning in the 4th. Titans have the ball and just made a 1st down. Pats have 1 timeout left.

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Bad decision by the Pats to rush the punter with no one back to field the punt. Rolled dead at the Pats' 1 with 15 seconds left. Brady throws a pick 6. 20-13 Final. Crazy end to the ball game.

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

6. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Very bad decision on the punt "return". ...Trying to be too smart.
    And I dont get Titans going for 2 at the end, either.

7. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

A successful 2-point conversion makes it a 2-score game. Not saying that's the right decision, but that's the reasoning.

8. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Depends on if you'd rather have yourself or the opposition be the one going for 2. With how well Derrick Henry was doing, I understand the thought that they would rather be the one going for 2 and just ram Henry up the middle.

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The DB scoring the TD was the bad decision as they could have run out the clock if he had not scored. However, once the TD was made going for two was a no brainer.

10. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts