Titans offer Peyton Manning Life Contract

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by dheiman, Mar 15, 2012.

1. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

Titan FOR LIFE

Say what you want about Bud Adams, the dude can make headlines. The Titans have offered Peyton Manning a contract for life immediately leading to a front office position when his playing days are finished.

2. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Bud is in it to win it.

3. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

4. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

Might work out for them if the Titans coaching staff can fix that awkward delivery.

5. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

Or coach him out of those happy feet

6. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

I think Bud is pretty much a no talent *** clown, but at times he's a very entertaining no talent *** clown.

Like now.

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Okay, so the 49'ers are a player in this quest for the services of one Peyton Manning afterall. They have had him workout for them and do have interest and are trying. Hmmm, this makes it even more fun to observe.

Turns out he is going to workout for the Broncos too at the same place he did for the Niners. I wonder what kind of security Duke gives when he does this and what is their connection to Manning? Doesn't he live or have a house in Miami? What is his connection there?

Niners want Manning.

8. MarylandHorn

MarylandHorn 500+ Posts

Manning better read the fine print to make sure it is his lifetime and not Bud Adams' lifetime. Huge difference...

9. gdu

gdu 1,000+ Posts

l00p, Duke's coach (David Cutcliffe) was Peyton's QB coach while at Tennessee IIRC.

10. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Ah, Cutcliffe. Says it all and more than answers the question. Makes sense now, thanks!

Do you, by chance, know or know of a link that says what WRs are there for his workouts and demo's? I guess it's like individual pro days.

11. BigEarlinBastrop

BigEarlinBastrop 250+ Posts

Earl Campbell, Bud Adams, George Blanda and others all thought they'd be lifetime Oilers. But Bud has his own agenda.

I believe Peyton will be most valuable to a club with one or two QBs who can learn from him. He's not likely to be a franchise QB.

12. hornitas

hornitas 250+ Posts

No, Ryan Leaf.

13. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Now Alex Smith is in Miami. Flew there last night. Peyton is in TN for his wedding anniversary. Good script.

14. lancelotlink

lancelotlink 25+ Posts

That is the problem. Peyton had to sign a lifetime contract and who would want to spend their life in Tennessee?

15. dheiman

dheiman 1,000+ Posts

Quite the middle finger to Bud. It's kind of refreshing though that Manning turned down the deal with the most money to go to what he thought was a better fit. So many pro athletes are just whores following the Carlos Beltran train out of town. Peyton will no doubt make even more stupid money than he already has but there is not doubting that Bud's deal was the largest number.