To the OU observer

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by goredho, Dec 1, 2008.

1. goredho

goredho 100+ Posts

I hope you get cancer and die. Thanks. I feel better.

Do you guys think you beat Alabama or Florida with a defensive effort like this past weekend? You get a lot of credit from me for your offense, but I think your defense has played at a championship level against a solid opponent really only once this season (Tech game). Maybe TCU should be listed as well, but I'm not sure they are that great. Certainly not on offense.

I think you will get by Mizzou with the defense that showed up on Saturday. I mean Mizzou kind of sucks now. We apparently broke their spirit. But I think you'll need a lot more from your D in a MNC game, or it will be a double digit loss for you like the RRS.

2. Lincoln

Lincoln 100+ Posts

Let's chill out. It's not that big of a deal anymore. If you remember OSU did pretty well against us too...

I have a feeling OU is going to beat Mizzou and then just go on to lose to Florida or Alabama, while we win our bowl game and then we go undefeated next season for the National title, just like in '04 and '05.

This is a good sign people!

3. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

OU better hope Bama upsets FLA because if they think they can hold the Gators under 70 points they are nuts.

4. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

It's a pretty legitimate question. I have two answers.

1) No. I don't think we can slow Florida down and only hope we can outscore them or we play Alabama which we can slow down and pray we can score on.

2)I think it will be an issue no matter who we play. It appears we are now without our replacement MLB. The defense is going to have create a bunch of turnovers and maybe score themselves to get passed how many points they are likely to give up.

Right now it looks like OU will be playing Florida if they beat Missouri. I don't know how good they really are but it appears they are really good. Having last years Heisman winning running QB complicates things as well for the Sooners. It will interesting to say the least.

5. SoonerStampede27

SoonerStampede27 25+ Posts

"I hope you get cancer and die."

That is a classy post. If you want someone to die, you can wish that upon the voters, or the people that made the BCS, or the Big XII for having such a stupid tie breaker. OU didn't have anything to do with it. They just benefitted from the system. I really hope your post was in jest. If not, you have some serious problems.

6. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

The Gators are the most balanced team in college football, Bama has seems beatable but every team seem to fall apart at the right time.

7. goredho

goredho 100+ Posts

Lincoln, didn't you get shot in the Ford theater?

SoonerTuff, yeah, shame about Cox. Sounds like our opinions are pretty much aligned. You never know, Venables may have your guys breathing fire like he did against Tech. If they play like that, you guys win by double digits. It'll be interesting to watch.

8. goredho

goredho 100+ Posts

Okay, okay, I don't hope anyone gets cancer and dies. I just hope they have to go through really bad chemo.

Heh, I thought most would be able to figure out that the first sentence was mocking the average rabid sports fan. Guess not.

9. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

Oklahoma will smoke Missouri and will lose to Florida. The reason is pretty simple.

They will play Missouri with a Big 12 officiating crew (i.e., one whose referee absolutely never calls holding). They will play Florida with a non-Big 12 crew. Hopefully a Big 10 crew.

Oklahoma was called for holding 6 times last year against West Virginia. They've only started holding more this year, and the Big 12's obvious edict to their officiating crews not to call holding has rewarded them.

10. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

This is not a classy post and one that I am ashshamed to see here. Remember we just happened to be the ones that got rooked this year by the system not Oklahoma. It will balance out in the long run and the same thing will happen to Oklahoma and others. The problem isn't Oklahoma. It is the sytem. And we need a real playoff system with at least 8 teams even though we may have to start out with 4. The college presidents don't have the foresight to see that the bowls would work with a real playoff system. It will probably (and hopefully) have to be done by the next generation of college presidents. It is not good to wish anyone to die. We argue but when it comes crunch time we pull together as two World Wars have shown. Football is great and important but remember this is just football. Let's not take things too far.

11. Sooner-Tuf

Sooner-Tuf 1,000+ Posts

I think the OP was not serious. I have had cancer, didn't die, and wasn't offended by how he is dealing with all of this.

*Cox is the DB for Okie Lite than ran back the return for a TD Saturday Night. Box is the MLB that looks like sustained an MCL injury during the same game.

Be careful saying Cox when you are thinking about Box, you never know what could happen [​IMG]

12. FattyMac

FattyMac 100+ Posts

Bill to the rescue, as usual. I couldn't have said it better. Please take posts like this somewhere else..

13. I_Live_In_OK

I_Live_In_OK 500+ Posts

Focusnesssssssssssssss

14. goredho

goredho 100+ Posts

15. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

16. goredho

goredho 100+ Posts