Tom Herman Claps Back at "Misinformation"

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by RainH2burntO, Nov 10, 2019.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Texas overcoming 'misinformation' makes win over K-State sweeter

I, for one, believe TH's version of this^^^^^
    It is another reminder that we live in a very powerful (and dangerous) media age and should proceed with caution allowing "news" to influence our own determination of reality. Did the team have a few weeks where something was amiss? Yes.
    Was it all we thought and feared?? No.
    Did media, social and otherwise, play a role in this? I think so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I agree with the sentiment of the post What I find interesting is what he didn't say here ..
    He doesn't mind complimenting Pouncey but ..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Agree. If he believes there is misinformation out there, there’s a remedy, or a possible remedy:

Be more open and less evasive. I’m not suggesting that he should reveal ALL. But to me he just isn’t very believable.

Where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Hot x 1
    • poop x 1
  4. crizistre

crizistre 500+ Posts

It’s pretty easy, Tom. Stop playing down to the level of your competition and don’t look like trash against TCU. Then rumors won’t circulate.

• poop poop x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

As a head coach, Herman is attuned to the media environment. As he said, 5th level sources and inaccuracies are just floating around out there and it's not his job to refute it. And it's his job to get the team ready for the next game as a coach. There is no glory to be gained and getting to Media or with ill-informed sources and rampant bad speculation. He is just noting that it is occuring there and should be giving its due, which is very little.

For an example and how bad it is just look over at BON. One would think Aggies were actually doing all the posting.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  6. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

BurntOrange, I might be more forgiving if Herman was more believable and less defensive. As I have said before, in the pressers, they lob very carefully worded softballs so as to not upset the sensitive genius. That wore thin with me in Year one.

If he doesn’t like some of the “fifth hand” rumors, how about telling us why Eagles missed a practice and was essentially suspended from the TCU game, or why — supposedly — Jake Smith is reassessing. Are we to believe that it’s all just media created bull**** and that the players and coaches sit around in the locker room, hold hands and sing Kumbaya?

In his post game PC Herman mentioned that “he knew what he was getting himself into” when he took the job. He might have known but he certainly wasn’t well prepared, and his denial strategy doesn’t seem to be working very well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

A lot of things stay inside the doors and with the team. There's some serious criticisms at practice and in the film room, I am sure. But those don't need to be aired publicly and doing so would serve no purpose.

Just because these young men are in the very public eye does not mean that their lives should be an open book for everyone to explore. They deserve a respectable degree of privacy and normalcy in their everyday lives.

I definitely think that Herman is subject to a lot of personal inadequacy projections when it comes to "denial" strategies and "Mensa." He is way more reflective and more deeply contemplative than almost any other football coach. This is undoubtedly confusing to the average sports writer and probably even average fan, if truth be known.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Not sure why this comment received the dubious distinction of 2 "Poops" to this point. What is inaccurate about this comment?

9. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i was just saying that javonne was not publicly praised. the one peeps on here said would be a problem before he signed his LOI.

two guys in the portal, and coach only mentions one...that's making a point about both.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

The idea that if you play well, you won't have to deal with false rumors.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. crizistre

crizistre 500+ Posts

I’m sure that Nick Saban dealt with these rumors his third season at Alabama when he was losing to the likes of Kentucky and playing Vandy close. Oh yeah ..... didn’t really happen.

12. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Herman said to watch the games and you can tell if the team is united etc....Well we watched Kansas and TCU games after OU.....From those **** shows we kinda believed the rumors .....After KSU it looks like things aren't so bad...Well lets watch the ISU game to see how we feel about the mind-set and unity of the team...We are watching, Tom. LOL

• Hot Hot x 1