Tool at Cedar Park

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by djimaplon, May 9, 2010.

1. djimaplon

djimaplon 250+ Posts

I am very intrigued by this show at a pretty small venue. Hoping to get a repeat of McFarlin, though that is probably setting the bar too high...Coming down from Dallas, as I saw them at them at OKC last time through. Taking my niece and her friend to the show....damn I am getting old.

2. beehorn

beehorn 25+ Posts

Were you able to score tickets? I was able to score two right when they went on sale and of course I'm not on the floor and I know a few people that were not able to get tix 5-7 minutes the site was released. Ticketmaster makes me sick. Should be a great show though. Cedar Park has no clue whats coming, this isnt George Strait.

3. djimaplon

djimaplon 250+ Posts

yeah, i did, but not on the floor, though I am considering trading up. I heard rumblings they have been recording new stuff, though I cant imagine they'll play any of it. I hope they limit 10K days.

4. alt875

alt875 250+ Posts

I'll be thur, though I wasn't able to get tix through ticketmaster within 10 minutes of them going on sale. F you ticketmaster.

5. djimaplon

djimaplon 250+ Posts

Resale pricing for tickets is all over the place. I am really perplexed. I saw a single floor 3 Row E for $160.00, and a single, section 202 for $270. I don't know what to think.

6. alt875

alt875 250+ Posts

7. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

There is floor seating? To a rock concert? They better tie those chairs down or just take them off the floor.

I wish Slayer would come back to austin : www.youtube.com/watch?v=izK5MdjbWkk

8. alt875

alt875 250+ Posts

So did anyone else go? Farking awesome show.

9. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones 500+ Posts

If you haven't been to the CPC, be advised that you want floor seating if possible. It's a nice areana, but there is alomost no room between the non-floor rows. I mean you can barely move.

10. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

11. djimaplon

djimaplon 250+ Posts

5th row floor, section 3. Between Justin and Danny. Best part was the opening. Third Eye was amazing. Could have done without Jambi, which they have played at the last 8 or so concerts I have seen them. Maynard introduced Intolerence, which was a huge suprise, mentioning about "time travel." Overall, his voice was strong and seemed into the show. The venue was nice, but sound was a little garbled a few times.