Top Chef Masters

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by Orange Salad Ranch, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Orange Salad Ranch

Orange Salad Ranch 250+ Posts

Starts tonight (6/10) at 9:00.

2. StuckInMemphis

StuckInMemphis 25+ Posts

Thanks for the headsup. I'm a TC junkie and I wasn't aware of this new series. I'll definitely DVR it.

3. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

It was a lot of fun. It is nice seeing people do this who are under very little pressure. Their careers are established, the only prize is glory, they've been allowed to sleep in their own beds and they are working normal hours, even if in odd conditions. It is a good counter point to the tense air of Top Chef.

That said, is it just me, or does the host totally skeeve you out? Someone seriously needs to find that girl a sammich.

4. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

what's with the new host?

5. Bevo-Stevo

Bevo-Stevo 1,000+ Posts

Right. Could not take my eyes off of her. Stunning. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. hornFANtastic

hornFANtastic 100+ Posts

Those guys were amazing. I am somewhat of an amatuer chef and what they did is beyond my comprehension. I liked the format and look forard to next week.

7. what happened with fort worthy's lonesome dove chef? how'd he fare?

8. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

He came in third in his heat, which is surprising considering that he accidentally froze all of his food the night before the competition. The judges said he over seasoned his steak, but he chalked that up the british chef not knowing what steak was supposed to taste like (it was a funny).

In the end there was a pretty big gap between the top 2 and bottom 2. Keller won pretty handily just the same.