Tree trimming/removal

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by AustinBat, Aug 2, 2012.

1. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Has anyone used someone in Austin that is good?

2. WithoutAClue

WithoutAClue 100+ Posts

The Tree Tender

Nickey Bishop has been in Austin for years and does an excellent job.

3. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

+1 for The Tree Tender. When my younger brother was down in ATX for school, the landlord he had wouldn't trim the bushes or trees where it was blocking his entrance into the house I rented for him on Fruth. Called TTT and they came out and took care of it, the landlord was happy that I took care of it and reimbursed me. They did a good job, give them a holla.

4. The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas 500+ Posts

What would be considered an average price for tree trimming? I've always done it myself in the past, but I have a tree with limbs that are threatening the garage roof at my new house, and the roof is steep enough that I'm chicken to get up there.....

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

That's really tough to answer without pics. The degree of difficulty getting the limbs down has a lot to do with it as well as access to them. Do they have to cut smaller than normal to tediously get them down with ropes? Do they have to get a lift (if they have not taken the plunge to buy one which is really costly) to access it? Are you going to use the wood or have them grind them down?

I think you can get a figure within a couple hundred dollars but that's not really ball park. I had two jobs done in the past two years and they were polar opposites. One I thought would be less and it was more and the other way around. However, the one that ended up being lower was not as much as the higher price was, sigh. I lost a car from a limb falling on it.

6. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Thanks for the info - I'll call them!