Trip to London & Paris

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by Vol Horn 4 Life, Dec 7, 2018 at 12:34 PM.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life 5,000+ Posts

I've been looking around at different booking agencies to book a trip for next spring and prices wildy vary. Does anyone have a preferred trusted website or agency to use for this? Does it really matter anymore so just go for the best hotels at the best price? Or just book directly with the airline and hotel because there's no real deal to be had with package booking?

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez 5,000+ Posts

Vol,

I'd use Google Flights and Trip Advisor to look for flights. As for finding a place to stay, it depends on what you're looking for. Since Deez, Jr. came into the world, we've preferred to book apartments either through Airbnb or booking.com. Before that, we used a lot of Rick Steves's recommendations, which usually involved booking directly with the hotel.

Also, I'd wait until the protests die down before booking anything in Paris.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life 5,000+ Posts

Thanks and good point! I was thinking about March of next year, but maybe I should think Italy instead. :smile1:

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez 5,000+ Posts

If the protests are going on into March, then France has a serious problem on its hands. Hard to imagine that. However, I prefer Italy anyway. Just my opinion.