Truck Tires

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by TexasEd, Jan 28, 2009.

1. TexasEd

TexasEd 1,000+ Posts

My turn.

02 GMC Sierra with P265 75 R16

I have had Michelin LT M/S tires on my truck for about 100k miles (between 2 trucks) and I want to replace them but not spend $200/tire.

Read up on tire rack reviews and the General Grabber HTS gets much love but its new and hard to find in the area. I found a Lamb's that can get them for about $150/tire.

Another one that caught my eye was the Yoko Geolander HTS. NTB (the devil) has them for buy 3 get 1 free but I haven't called to confirm on this model yet. Website lists $143 per tire.

Does Discount match the buy 3 get one deals?

Talk me into another tire?

Thanks

2. LosIllini

LosIllini 250+ Posts

Just put a new set of Bridgestone Dueler A/T 694 Revos- 265/70/R17 on my Tahoe. Replaced BFG A/T's that got me about 70k miles.

Check them out- good ratings- and my experience so far is that the Revos are good tires. They were running $175/ tire at Discount Tire- and I was able to negotiate them down a bit.

3. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

I started using Nexen MT tires a few years ago and have had really good luck with them. I have gotten 60 to 70k out of them and they are a mud grip. The AT should get more mileage. I usually ruin the sidewalls on tires with mesquite thorns long before I wear them out. These have held up better than the michelins or goodyears that I had prior. I get them for about $100 each.

4. TexasEd

TexasEd 1,000+ Posts

I should have specified I'm looking for highway tires. Not too interested in AT or off-road.

Thanks.

5. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

They make an AT, HT, and MT. I am off road a lot so need a heavy lug but the little shop i get them from sells all 3 for about the same price.

6. WithoutAClue

WithoutAClue 100+ Posts

I bought the Yoko Geolander HT-S tires for my Tacoma and have been
    very happy with them. Much quieter on the highway than the off-road
    tires they replaced and work OK in the wet.

7. Lost_In_Ohio

Lost_In_Ohio 500+ Posts

8. WithoutAClue

WithoutAClue 100+ Posts

9. Lost_In_Ohio

Lost_In_Ohio 500+ Posts

10. The Bandit

The Bandit 100+ Posts

I have 17" Yoko Geolander HT-S on a tahoe. The ride quality is better than the Bridgestone's they replaced. I did notice the gas mileage dropped about .3 mpg based on the mpg that is displayed on the dashboard.

I'm guessing the Bridgestone's had a lower rolling resistance

11. MadTrapper

MadTrapper 100+ Posts

Count me in with the Geolander HTS crowd. I purchased a set for my Ranger last year and really like them. They helped with the rear wheels slipping a little bit in wet conditions, however it's hard to get away from that with a Ranger being so light in the back and having an open diff.

Mine were about $95 per tire at Discount Tire. I did a lot of research and looking around for my tire replacement and came to the conclusion that the Geolanders have a lot of bang-for-the-buck. Great tire.