True Detective HBO

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by Jim Bob, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

The affair initiated at the Fox and Hound had at least one bit of literary significance ... Remember when Marty handed the girl cash with instructions to find her way out of the brothel? Rust was dismissive ...can't remember the exact words, but it was something like "what did you give her ... a down payment.?"

Certainly Marty's oldest daughter was the victim of sexual abuse. Marty and his nurse wife had all the clues they needed to put the pieces together, but it was too awful to contemplate, so they didn't. Happens that way a lot in the real world ...so I'm told.

By the way, the finale was a fitting end to an awesome season.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

Well, so much for all the clues that have been accumulating online. The Barbie doll rape scene, the beer can men, Audrey's threesome and Goth period, the art in the sanitarium and on Marty's wall, the marks on the foreheads....all for naught.

It was a pretty tense climactic scene, somewhat reminiscent of Clarice Starling stumbling through the Gumb residence.

4. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

5. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I thought the ending was great, but I also felt the last episode with the recall green ears - see green house from crime scene canvassing in photo - locate former homeowner - find house painter - confront killer, felt a bit rushed. It was one hell of a bit of police work though. [​IMG]

The series could have benefited from a couple of more episodes to at least explore some of the other unanswered questions (like the senator's involvement), even if complete resolution was never going to be achieved.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts