Trump nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yep, all they will do is say HE is responsible for the rioting that, until a week ago, they denied was even happening.

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

hic
    You mean those peaceful protests

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

It took Trump four years to get nominated and Obama got one before he was sworn in

these awards are like the daytime emmies ——-totally worthless

hell, they gave them to Kissinger and Le Duc Tho. The red bastid declined to take it. Kissinger wallowed in it. Pigs all

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. horninchicago

It's like the Heisman. Useless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The point of POTUS Trump being nominated imo is the consternation and heads exploding in media
    And how long it will take the DMC to put a negative spin on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. horninchicago

I agree, it's just that stanhin had a moment of lucidity and made a sensible comment so I felt compelled to give an example to bolster what he said.

That said, yes, my comment above stands. Media will have an outcry that he can't get that "prize" because his hateful rhetoric incites the riots that didn't exist for 90 days until the Dems tanked in the polls.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The fact that it was a Norwegian who nominated him and the factual aftermath of the Accords (so many other countries making agreements with or recognizing Israel] I am guessing DMC is working hard for the negative spin
    Maybe the Trump haters in here can give us the early spin

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

His isn't!!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I wouldn't act like I know what justifies giving someone a Nobel Peace prize. But Trump has done several things to make the world safer.

• Deescalated North Korea's sabre rattling
    • Pulled some troops out of Syria
    • Helped get a deal between Israel and UAE, maybe with some other countries
    • Maintained restrained in the tit for tat with Iran
    • Fired John Bolton (shouldn't have hired him)
    • Plans to remove troops from Iraq and Afghanistan
    At least from a US lives point of view, all of this is great.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

My understanding of the UAE/Israel peace deal is as follows:

Historically, we sold the highest end, best military equipment to Israel but not to other ME nations (Turkey was sometimes an exception, but no longer. Saudi Arabia may also get the good stuff, I don't know.). The pretty-good (but not great) military equipment would go to any non-hostile nation that wants to buy it. The F-35 was the issue here. Not only would Israel get them, but we'd also sell some to UAE. Israel was concerned. Israel and Trump leaned on UAE for a peace deal. In exchange for a peace treaty with Israel, brokered by Trump, UAE gets the F-35. According to some, the F-35 is superior to the other fighter jets in the sky and goes a long way towards establishing air superiority. So getting the F-35 is a big deal.

Also, the UAE is a very rich nation, without a huge population, and is not known as a hot spot for crazed muslim extremism. They've never actually fought Israel before. Also, they dislike Iran. So we're now looking at ME friendlies or sort-of friendlies as: Israel, Saudi Arabia*, UAE, Egypt, Jordan, Qatar, maybe some others. People over there see us, Russia, and China as the big 3, and they want to join the US team. They also hate Iran, which is currently in Russia's camp.

It may or may have not gone down like this, but that's what I've heard.

*I would never trust the Saudis, but I'm not exactly the State Department type.

12. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

At least for the Heisman, you have to be pretty good at football. The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded to idoits like Obama and algore who did nothing to further peace.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  13. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

[​IMG] Even though he sold it, Ricky deserved his as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think you should have to have done something more consequential to get the Nobel Prize. However, the standard has been lowered so much that the question is basically "why not" rather than "why." Obama got it for not being George Bush. Why not give it to Trump for not being George Bush?

15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Why not give it to Trump just for the entertainment value of watching libtards crapping their pants over it?

• Like Like x 3
  16. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

Or not being Obama

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Doesnt it seem that all awards have been devalued?
    They used to mean something
    Now they are nothing more than another excuse for lefties to preen

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If you were a Republican, that would be racist.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Trump nominated a 2nd time for Kosovo-Serbia peace deal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Oh My! How will the MSM spin that one? Or will they just ignore it and hope no one notices?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

I will bet my house, my dog Alcibiades and a couple of revolvers that he doesn't get it. In spite of this display of intelligence by the scandinavians I still think the award is no sign of any great significance. Kissinger? Please.

22. horninchicago

I'm sure they will guffaw at how outrageous it is that Trump should be nominated since all the angst in the world is solely predicated on his hateful and racist rhetoric.

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You forgot the most important thing- he says mean things on Twitter. Automatic DQ right there.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Maybe he would get one without doing anything if he changed his named to Donald Hussein O'Trumpa. While making it clear he qualifies as a Person Of Color (so what if its orange)

• Funny Funny x 3
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of which, did you see the NYT article about lack of POC in leadership roles (business, politics, etc.)? They listed Muslim Palestinians as POC and Christian Palestinians as white.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

How about a 3rd nomination for getting us and much of the rest of the world out of Afghanistan?

Pompeo today --“if the Taliban follow through on their word, the United States is committed to removing all American forces from Afghanistan once and for all.”

“Our commitment to reducing our forces to zero is conditioned on them executing their obligations under the agreement. We’ve been very clear about their responsibilities with respect to the terrorist activity taking place in Afghanistan that is plotting external operations. It’s very clear that the violence levels have to come down to acceptable levels. We saw just yesterday or the day before there are a lot of spoilers out there. There are people who don’t want this to go forward. They want America mired in this place. They don’t want peace in Afghanistan. Most of the Afghanistan people want that. We’re going to stay focused on it. That’s where our focus—the president said, and I think General McKenzie said yesterday, that by late fall we’ll be down to roughly 4,500 U.S. soldiers. It’ll still be a significant number. I’m mindful too that it’s not just Americans who are there. There’s an enormous number of international forces who have sacrificed as well in this fight for the last 19 plus years. We want everyone to have the chance to reduce the risk and reduce the forces as well, so our movement to the appropriate levels is consistent with the two goals the president laid out when I became Secretary of State. Two goals—one, reduce our forces there. Get as close to zero as quickly as you can get to that number, and we’re intent on doing it. Second, we can’t sacrifice security for the homeland. I believe those objectives are both achievable between what we’ve done and what the Department of Defense has done over the last couple of years. We’ve made real progress on both objectives.”

IMO, the country actually has a chance. It has one of the youngest populations in the entire world. If they can find a way to wrestle control from the bad guys, they should be able to keep it from returning to the stone ages. We will see.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That is just wrong
    How do we get our media to return to being honest?
    Is it possible, or impossible?

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

If I see the tweet that lists the names, I will post it.

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2