Trump!!!

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by snek, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

In these times, it's an asset to be gay if you are going to say something bad about Democrats, including the MSM. Camille and Milo (cannot spell his last name) can say stuff that would get a straight person labeled a bigot.

2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I think she makes excellent points. The Times hit piece was poorly done and very superficial. In fact, it was so weak that I almost wonder if it was intentionally weak and if something much stronger and more direct is coming later. After all, if you're trying to do major damage to Trump, now is not an ideal time to do it. There's too much time for people to forget or deemphasize it.

As for my top lesbians, I tend to like people who think for themselves rather than spout talking points they heard on TV or read somewhere. They certainly don't have to agree with me, and they can even agree with the talking points, so long as they use their own rhetoric or give some indication that they reached their conclusions based on their own thoughts. Camille is up there. I also like Tammy Bruce. And to be honest, in light of her commentary on LGBT issues, mb227 is fast becoming one of my favorite lesbians.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Didn't know Tammy Bruce was a lesbian. if she's the one I'm thinking of, I'd heard her guest-host on Laura Ingraham. She seemed really smart, but her voice is incredibly grating. I always had an image of an elderly librarian lady with the chains on the end of her glasses... Then I saw her picture and thought "whoa......"

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Is that a good "whoa" or a bad "whoa?" She doesn't look like the stereotypical lesbian (whatever that is), but I do think she always looks like she's about to beat somebody's ***, which fits her persona well.

5. ProdigalHorn

I'd say it's a good whoa - at least in pictures I've seen. Definitely a disconnect from the voice.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CNN again ....

[​IMG]

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Technically bi-sexual. A gun-toting bi.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I wouldn't take her over S.E. Cupp, but she looks good, especially for her age.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  9. ProdigalHorn

Nor would I - but then I remind myself that I'm starting to get older too and I'd better be OK with the "especially for her age" bracket!

• Like Like x 1
  10. ProdigalHorn

So you're saying there's a chance...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm turning 40 next month, so I know the feeling.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yes, there is a chance we are all gun-toting bi's.

13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Since the NRA endorsed Trump yesterday I think this is appropriate for this thread.
    An NRA member commented, So the news is that people at the White House shot a home invader?

14. ProdigalHorn

I don't actually have a gun, but if I can claim to self-identify as a woman, it seems like I should be able to self-identify as having a gun too, right?

• Like Like x 3
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is it possible that you already have a gun but call it something else?

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

If you call it something else, then it is something else, right? Who are we to question what someone chooses to call an object?

Perhaps this should be terrorists' new strategy. At a security checkpoint, tell the agent that the metal thing in your belt is a doll that helps you sleep. If they challenge you, accuse them of being biased against insomniacs.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

RCP poll average

ps -- and this is with a +12 Dem over sample from the mixed polls

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Though Hillary seems to be the only candidate so atrocious that she's capable of losing to Donald Trump, I still have difficulty thinking he will actually win. My guess is that his recent spike in the polls is mostly due to the fact that the GOP is unifying behind him while the Democrats are still fighting themselves with Bernie Sanders still in the race.

However, I also heard a poll on Meet the Press that suggested that 19 percent of Bernie Sanders voters will vote for Trump. If that actually happens (which seems hard to imagine), Hillary is in serious trouble.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Gateway Pundit using the name "Crooked Hillary"? Where did they get their journalism degrees, Russia? Should they be applauded for wearing their bias so proudly?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 23, 2016
  21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

?
    does gateway PUNDIT present as a Journalist site?
    I thought it wad a poltical blog

22. Seattle Husker

Is there a difference? Should there be? Do you think the readers take this as news or commentary? Both? That's the problem.

Keep in mind, I lay the current state of our politics solely at the feet of "news my way" sites like the Daily Kos/GP. The Internet has been very beneficial for business and economic growth but it has been a poison to real journalism.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Of course there is a difference.

24. Seattle Husker

There should be but I'd argue that line has all but disappeared.

News or opinion? Notice that was posted 1hr ago and already has 57 comments. READ the comments. Do you think those media consumers ventured their for the news or opinion?

"Political blog" is simply a euphemism for biased news without any of the guilt of normal journalistic integrity standards.

Sorry to everyone for the rabbit hole. I'm pretty fed up with most media these days.

25. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

OK that's funny right there.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Make me chuckle
    A little

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some interesting breakdowns here of March to May polling swings (ABC polling). For example, Trump gained 17% from voters aged 18-29 while HRC has dropped 19% in the same demographic (note : Romney lost "the youth vote" to BHO by more than 20%).

[​IMG]

28. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yes, Trump is authentic. So are a lot of ********.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Seattle Husker

The uniter walked into New Mexico and had this to say about New Mexico Gov Susanna Martinez.

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I don't think I could come up with a politician he should be less willing to attack. Hispanic? Check. Female? Check. Swing state? Check? Popular Republican governor? Check.

• Like Like x 1