Trump's Team

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 9, 2016.

1. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

Giuliani vs Loretta Lynch as AG...

There's no comparison.

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

If Giuliani takes a cabinet position, does that mean the pimps that whored out their law firm to replace Mr Patterson with his name can change the name back?

• Like Like x 1
  3. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

They certainly can...we like capitalism in the US!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Reince Priebus as Chief of Staff. No issue. Steve Bannon even being allowed in the White House let alone having a "Chief of Strategy" role is scary.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

I posted earlier that I had heard rumors of Steve Bannon. I hoped I was wrong.
    Why? Why would Trump select a man like this for such an important appointment.
    If any people were starting to peek out of their safe spaces, and un-clench a wee bit, this selection sends a very bad message. I'm really disappointed with this pick, and see no upside whatsoever.
    Steve Bannon implementing any type of strategy is a huge misstep. He needs to crawl away into a dark hole somewhere...he isn't a good man.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Based on comments from his ex-wife? More confirmation bias by the media.

• Like Like x 1
  7. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Well, "elections have consequences" is what we heard over last eight years. I am amazed how much the left today is mirroring the right when Obama was elected.

8. Seattle Husker

Based on his public comments and the media organization he's built.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

My feelings for Bannon are not just based on testimony of his ex-wife. He was in charge of Breitbart for goodness sake.
    I would bet that any article I posted would come from a source that people might feel too liberal, so perhaps you may want to look at some articles from Breitbart, and see some of the "ideals" it promotes.

My point is he is a very controversial person, from both the D and R side.
    I think it is an incredibly "in your face" selection, when there are many qualified people who could have been chosen without the controversy. It isn't just anti-Jewish. One of his own articles spoke of how the Pill makes women fat and angry. He has some nasty baggage if you look for it, and it sends a very wrong message. Just my opinion.
    I am pro-"let's get started on selecting people who will do a great job, and also signal a healing process, and that things won't be as horrible as some people feel."

This selection took that healing process and marched it back several steps for many people in the USA, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Seattle Husker

It's certainly not in the vein of his statements of wanting to unify the country.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Seattle Husker

I'd go so far as to say its the Steve Bannon's within Trump's circle of influence that is driving some of the protesters. Bannon represents the white nationalist influence of the right.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

Originally Huffpost, but the links are straight from the horses mou
    fhttp://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/07/05/solution-online-harassment-simple-women-log-off/

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/08/17/breitbart-news-worst-headlines/212467

He sounds like a swell guy to be in charge of strategy. He may be smart, he may have strategy, but he is who people blame for tapping in to that ugly part of Americans who voted Trump.
    The KKK is overjoyed at this pick. I'm not a safety-pin, pearl clutching liberal in any way, but, this guy is a bad apple, and I hate that he will be in charge of molding the strategy of our future.
    I don't care if he is talented at it, in fact that concerns me more. What direction do we want to go?
    Bless his heart.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  13. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

He just "out-strategized" the best brains of the Democrat Party, so accepting criticism or advice from Democrats is not an option concerning his position in the admin.

They might lend an ear to Hollandtx.

14. Seattle Husker

LOL! The internet is for males, just deal with it?

Yet it's stated on hornfans over and over that there is no misogyny in Trump's camp. It's a media driven myth. Meanwhile, this ideology is now driving the Chief of Strategy within the White House. Elections certainly have consequences, not all are positive.

15. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

You get dumber by the day

16. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

iatrogenic, I'm not trying to get in an argument with you. I understand that you are Trump 100%, and that is great that you feel confident with any decision he makes.

However, are you open to even doing some research on Bannon, on your own if you don't trust the links provided and have an open mind?
    I ask this in all sincerity, I know when things are written they can come off in snarky ways.
    Your attitude, and name calling makes me suspect that there is nothing Trump could do that would give you, at the least, pause, and an understanding of how "the other side" might be feeling.

I don't know you, your gender, religion, ethnicity---but, if you are a white male, I wonder if you would be feeling as comfortable as you do after doing some research on Breitbart and comments/articles by Bannon. It isn't as if he has been chosen in an insignificant role.
    He is chief of strategy. That's a big deal. I didn't vote for HRC, I personally think she is one of the worst candidates the Dems have put up in a while.
    However, I can admit to flaws and concerns of anyone I have ever voted for.

Also, as far as the claim he "out-strategized" the Democratic party, I will have to say on record that KellyAnn Conway did much more to calm the waters and slow the angry rhetoric Trump that allowed people to vote for him than Bannon. Give the woman her due--she was incredibly instrumental.

Now, :hookem: :usflag:, and we can agree to disagree on the rest.

• Like Like x 2
  17. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

KellyAnn was and is awesome. Whether I like Trump or not is beside the point.

I just witnessed 18 months of some of the ugliest, partisan, dishonest collusion and fraud being perpetrated by the Democrats, Politico, CNN, the NYT, NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC and many others on the American populace. I am 100% against those groups and anything they say, assume, infer, suggest or report on. Any information they provide is suspect and for the most part, should be dismissed out of hand (and I haven't even begun to discuss policies). Anyone that continues to believe the lies spewed by those organizations is suspect, because there is no possible way that any rational person could repeat , believe or take anything they say seriously after reviewing Wikileaks and listening to their (the parties mentioned above) factless drivel.

• Like Like x 3
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

So you're saying a drug that requires a prescription can't possibly have an effect on weight or mood?

19. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

From what I can tell, Bannon has all the right enemies, just like Trump. SPLC and Harry Reid hate him - that's good enough for me.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Seattle Husker

You have company. David Duke had this to say today after saying Bannon's addition is "excellent".

Here is a post from George Takei outlining some of Brietbart's more insidious headlines.

21. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

David Duke likes BBQ. That makes SH a white nationalist.

22. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

So I guess distancing from David Duke isn't a thing any longer. Fare thee well, last 40 years!

• Like Like x 1
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Not really impressed by these headlines. Is this all they have?

24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

25. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I was talking about iatrogenic, but I get Eric's point. If David Duke deserves a bullet, then why have his "ideologue in chief" be Trump's main strategist? Why not... you know... a normal Republican?

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

27. Seattle Husker

Of course you aren't. I suspect there isn't much if anything Brietbart could post that would be found unacceptable. I'm not a woman but could understand how likening feminism to cancer could be unsettling when the data shows that women still aren't treated equally in the workforce.

Yes, that is just a sampling.

28. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

And we have explained why to you, but your tiny little brain just won't accept the reasoning.

29. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Horns11, are you still in prison for that pedophile conviction, or are you at a halfway house now?

30. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts