Trump's Team

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not commenting on this, because you and SH are slapping everybody around on Bannon. However, I'll admit that I don't get safety pin reference.

2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I had to look it up. Evidently someone is advancing the idea that if liberals wear "safety pins" it will be a sign to the oppressed minorities that the individual is "safe" and not to be confused with the Trumpster supporters.

• Like Like x 2
  3. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

If you are going to unfairly label people, I thought I would join you.

4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Lol. That's pretty clever.

• Like Like x 1
  5. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

It's passive aggressive moral signaling.

I don't think some of these folks learned anything at all. It it is the complete opposite of what they should be doing to strengthen their party and win elections again.

So...I'm all for it! Hell, I'm gonna go to Costco and get a pallet of safety pins and hand one out to every single Democrat I know here in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

6. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Label you? Your attack of SH's evidence of Duke's support of Steve Bannon was that if both of them like BBQ, then SH must be a white supremacist. Hence, the GOP (or, by proxy, you) not distancing Trump's pick from Duke. If you have actual reasons to support Bannon beyond Duke's rubber stamp, fine, but you didn't exactly clarify that.

I don't think that you're a member of the Knights of the KKK. Or ever voted for Duke or anything. This is akin to every Republican shouting that liberals had to distance themselves from Jeremiah Wright, but then as soon as their guy makes an indefensible staff appointment, it's all "no, YOU'RE the white supremacist!"

7. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Well, if Trump is a white supremacist because he likes Bannon and so does a white supremacist, why isn't SH a white supremacist because he likes BBQ and so does a white supremacist? Same flawed logic.

You stated that Bannon was David Duke's "ideologue in chief" (that is the label) with no proof backing you up. If you have the proof, I am with you. If Bannon is out screaming "Gawd Damn America!!!", I am also with you. Otherwise, ju got a lot of splaining to do Lucy.

8. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

SH and I and others aren't using the transitive property to show that x>z. Simplifying it to that level is wrong.

So are you picking on me using the words "ideologue in chief" because you think that term mocks Trump, or because you're mad that it's rooted in truth? Or because the words don't accurately portray Bannon?
    One example
    Another one... at least in here you see some GOP members trying to avoid Bannon
    From August too

For the record, I was comparing Duke to Wright, not to someone who worked in the Obama West Wing.

9. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I just wonder if there is a liberal talking points conference call or do the residents just memorize Progressive radio talking points? Some on here are verbatim.

Again, I love how the shoe is on the other foot after this election. Anybody remember the Rev Wright associations?

10. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I understand that Duke likes Bannon. I also understand that Duke likes BBQ.

Is there anything you can show me that Bannon is a white supremacist?

11. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Good grief.

From the Hornfans Posting Guidelines, 1st paragraph:

Please be respectful of your fellow members, as well as the coaches and players. Personal attacks, name-calling and aggressive messages are not acceptable.

How about a little civility.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

The bottom line is that everyone who has said "Bannon represents a white nationalist ideology" and even backed it up with his own published ideas isn't enough to sway you. Holland said it too. That's fine... you're correct that it's not your burden to prove that Duke's endorsement of Bannon shows that Bannon's interests have lay rooted in whiteness, like it's not SH's burden to show that his love of BBQ shows that he has common ground with Duke. But if you can't see how people would perceive it that way, then there is no common ground.

• Like Like x 2
  13. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

You are right. However, the pedophile post was just an example of wrongly labeling people. I don't believe Horns 11 is a pedophile. Although, he didn't deny it.... (just kidding!)

14. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Well, since everyone is saying it, I guess the world really is flat.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Here's the thing - no matter what Bannon does to reverse the perception, the left is never going to let it go. So, why try? Much better to laugh at the left going bonkers. The fact is the left made themselves a huge target to be trolled with their microagressions and such.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. texas_ex2000

Breitbart, which I think I've read like two articles (and I bet that these liberals complaining haven't read a single one), is a journal provocateur. Charlie Hebdo and the Daily Mail do the same thing.

It is also my opinion that the Alt-Right is not white nationalists, or racist, or mysogynistic. There are some, not all, people in the Alt-Right who are extremely politically incorrect in order to make a point and just to piss off and trigger the snowflakes. Milo, who I think is extremely smart, is an example of one of those provocateurs. Lauren Southern and Ben Shapiro are Alt-Right personalities who are not provocateurs.

Whatever your opinion of Breitbart or the Alt-Right, you can not deny that's it's been a strategic coup for conservative politics

The question I have for Trump supporters is, Bannon arguably has been an enabler for racism (I don't believe that at all, but it could be argued), but let's say most of us can agree that he is at the least a political provocateur. Is a political/media provocateur someone who should be on the White House payroll as a Senior Counselor a la Karl Rove/Karen Hughes or David Axlerod/Valerie Jarrett?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  18. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Good summary of the "inclusion" delusion

• Like Like x 1
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Why don't we wait and find out if it is good fit or not?

20. texas_ex2000

I am going to wait. And I don't think Bannon is a problem at all.

But that's not what boards like this are for. Intelligent people discuss these things even while waiting because you might accidentally learn something you didn't know from someone else with a different perspective.

And then you go back to waiting to see if we were right or wrong.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Something tells me he wont be using a private server
    Maybe not even a cell phone

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Just to be clear, Hollandtx is clever for referring to the safety pin phenomenon. The "moral signalers" are not clever for wearing the pins. They're idiotic phonies trying to make themselves look good - sorta like the people who used to wear ribbons back in the '90s.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think diapers would better make the point than a safety pin

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It might, but do you want to see moral signalers walking around in diapers? I don't.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Think of how much more entertaining these protests would be

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Is this really the kind of thing you want to see, Joe? I think I would rather just see the more discreet safety pin.

[​IMG]

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

stop that!

• Like Like x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think Bolton is an entertaining guy on TV, but I dont see a spot for him at all. I doubt he will even be much of a consideration. But we will see.

However, Grenell for the UN post seems a possibility (assuming we allow the UN to continue)

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

OK, but you better be grateful that these SJWs are going with the pins rather than the diapers.