Tuberville to tech

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Laphroaig10, Jan 9, 2010.

1. centexorange

centexorange 1,000+ Posts

Ruffin get's railroaded..Steps in when needed and pulls this team through a tough time and this is the thanks he gets. I hope he tells them to go F themselves and finds him a better gig.

2. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

3. No le hace

No le hace 500+ Posts

In reply to:

no matter what tubbs says, the offense will change.

Good defensive coach, and that is a step, but I can't imagine anyone running the Leach offense except the Pirate. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. LazyEngineer

LazyEngineer 500+ Posts

Ruffin McNeil would be great if they wanted to win 7 games a year. If they want to win 9-10 this is a much better hire.

5. THEYESOFTXS

THEYESOFTXS 100+ Posts

Tuberville hears EVERYTHING.

6. mcbrett

mcbrett 2,500+ Posts

I am not making any racist accusations, but I will say College Football has a very poor track record of hiring African American coaches- especially considering the percentage of athletes they are and given that most coaches are ex-athletes.

While I am not an expert on Ruffin, I do know he really wanted to be the HC, was given credit for much of their defense's improvement, and ran the program very admirably during a very difficult week.

Just saying, it doesn't look good, but yes, Tuberville does come to the table with excellent credentials- especially for Tech.