Twitter

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, Jul 25, 2016.

1. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Learning twitter employees will no longer have such ridiculous perks makes me smile.
    Life just got more realistic for a bunch of Millennials and Gen Zers

corrected for mc

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Correction - It is millennials or Gen Y. Not Gen X - please don’t slander my generation (1965-1979).

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

mc
    My error
    Should have said millennials.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yep, those of us who don't quite remember disco but grew up on The Police, Van Halen, Guns & Roses, and later, Jane's Addiction and Pearl Jam look at those bellyaching about not getting free lunch at work and think, "I thought only broke-*** poor kids got free lunch at school, and who ******* to and about their boss about something that stupid? Of course they got canned."

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Well put.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Seriously, these people who work for the tech bros are the biggest ******* I've ever heard of. I don't mean that they are physically weak. I mean that they're emotionally and personally weak and soft. They consider it a massive injustice and abuse to live like normal people always have.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

The inner webz and all that flowed from them gave us good and bad.
    Time will tell which wins out but so far the bad is pretty bad

• Like Like x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I don’t understand how they got hired in the first place. Who mandated they hire dweebs and social outcasts?

10. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Think about who RUNS many of those companies...the owners and founders generally couldn't function in a face-to-face setting, so they hire and surround themselves with other social misfits...actually, misfit might be a step up for many of them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Exactly what mb said.
    Heck even Musk is kinda dweeby. But he has enough of a capitalist in him to cancel most of the dweebyness out.
    Most of the others are one trick billionaires (did I really just write that)
    You know what I mean

12. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

My kids asked me what it was like to grow up in the 80s. I took away the phones, unplugged the Internet, and said "Like that."

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Nobody mandated it, but it makes sense in a way. Keep in mind that the guys who started these companies were mostly wussies themselves who undoubtedly got lots of wedgies and seldom had their lunch money by 12 noon. Since we're making '80s references, they were a bunch of neo-maxi-zoom-dweebies. Why wouldn't they surround themselves with other neo-maxi-zoom-dweebies? It's the ultimate revenge of the nerds scenario.

And I'm not judging them for what they were. I was kind of a dork too, but I wasn't allowed to bellyache about stupid things or expect **** to just be handed to me. I expected that when I worked, I'd pay for my own lunch and that I wouldn't ****-talk my boss.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sangre Naranjada

I imagine you also expected that, when or if you became the boss, none of your direct reports would **** talk you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

• Funny Funny x 7
  17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Interesting article about the meltdown about the Twitter employees. These people are truly loving in a bubble.

• Like Like x 2
  19. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I liked this paragraph...

"We've paid for the work-from-home, work-from-anywhere trend in other ways, too. I live in Texas, which has had an influx of pajama class immigrants. They came and drove up the cost of housing, pricing out many city residents from housing in the city they love. And now many of these cities look totally different."

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr D's op-ed written by a blue collar worker strangely makes mb's Bee vid ring true.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Sangre Naranjada

It certainly does.

22. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Thar article was a good read. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I love how Woke people who made up their own definition of "Woke" keep posting that made up definition in that twitter link.

26. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Funny Funny x 3
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Adam Loewy is a decent guy.

29. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

Biden's Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen U-turns and says Musk's Twitter deal SHOULD be investigated (msn.com)

Earlier this month she told CBS News in Bali, Indonesia, that she saw 'no basis' for launching an investigation of Musk's purchase of the social media platform.

That put her at odds with President Joe Biden, who said there were national security grounds for a review.

Speaking in New York on Wednesday, she said: 'Let me clarify. I misspoke.

Democratic lawmakers have written to the Federal Trade Commission urging the regulator to investigate claims he has 'undermined the integrity and safety of the platform.'

Thierry Breton, the E.U.'s commissioner in charge of implementing the bloc's digital rules, reportedly delivered the threat during a video meeting with Musk.

Breton told the world's richest man he must adhere to its checklist of rules, such as abandoning an 'arbitrary' approach to reinstating banned users, by next year.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The **** that they're talking about in the wake of the sale of Twitter is frightening, and there's little outrage about it. It sounds hyperbolic, but freedom is dying. It's not dying by force. It's dying by indifference.

• Agree Agree x 2