Ty Harrington Has Colon Cancer

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by NBHorn7, Aug 25, 2014.

1. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

It was reported on KXAN in Austin and then I found this on a Texas State forum and more confirmation.

The Link

The Link

More bad things happening to good people. I knew him and his parents when he played at UT. His parents were big Baylor boosters, but supported Ty at UT and would come to Omaha for the World Series. His Dad would work out each morning at the Holiday Inn called the Holidome in their exercise facility. He got me to join him sometimes. He worked out hard.

Unfortunately his parents were killed in an automobile accident.
    Now this is happening to Ty.

I know some on this board knew them and Ty here and hope all will hope and pray for a speedy and successful recovery for Ty.

2. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I hate learning this. I will keep Ty and his family in my prayers. I hope the cancer was found early and that he has a complete recovery.

F cancer.

3. HausFrau

HausFrau 100+ Posts

Thanks for letting us know. [​IMG]

4. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

5. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

I think we should keep this at the top of the page all season to update the situation as merited. He will all always be a Longhorn, no matter where he coaches. :bevo:

• Like Like x 3
  6. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

7. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

Ty was interviewed this afternoon on B&E's radio show. He said he's finished with chemo for now, and is gonna work on getting his strength back. He also mentioned how touched he was by the reception he got at Disch-Falk last week--was something he would always remember. I admit I got a little teary-eyed right there at my desk.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

• Like Like x 1
  9. ElginHotSausage

ElginHotSausage 500+ Posts

great positive news !

10. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

Great article. Thanks for posting.

11. Larry T Spider

Larry T Spider 100+ Posts

I'm a texas state grad and have had the chance to meet him a few times at various functions. Just an absolutely great person. People always walk away impressed with how genuine he is. Wishing him all the best and can't wait to have him back in the dugout.

12. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Prayers for a complete recovery.

13. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

14. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

Thanks for posting. So happy for Ty.

15. MudHorn

MudHorn Admin Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  16. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Ty is doing well and back in the dugout.

I am unpinning this thread, unless circumstances make it relevant to do so again.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016