Urban Meyer put on paid leave

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Joe Fan, Aug 1, 2018.

1. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

2. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

I can't wait to hear Herbie's bs spin about all of this on his supposedly sanctimonious school on the first CGD. I don't think he can dodge it. I will for sure have out the :popcorn: for that one.:soapbox:

3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  4. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Power play. No win for the President. If he does what he should do — enforce the suspension — tOSU Nation will destroy him and his days will be numbered. If he caves, he will have conceded his power and position to Meyer. In other words, he’ll be neutered. There is a “right decision,” and a politically expedient decision. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he holds firm.

For Meyer, he can’t lose. If he caves, everyone will applaud him. If he plays hardball, they’ll make him a martyr.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Urban,
    Take a year off without pay. Remember when you said this?

"I have ignored my health for years, but recent developments have forced me to reevaluate my priorities of faith and family. After consulting with my family, Dr. Machen, Jeremy Foley and my doctors, I believe it is in my best interest to step aside and focus on my health and family."

Sounds like a good time to reevaluate your reasons for leaving Florida and apply them to your current situation.

6. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Urba
    Urban is a piece of work. Troubling if true. but expected.

7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

You guys give the guy a break. Unlike Florida, nobody died in this incident. Wouldn't you agree that is "improvement"?

:cowrose:

• Like Like x 4
  8. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

9. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

3 game suspension, that’s all

10. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Reading his lawyer’s script is lame. Omg, he never looked the camera in the eye. Weak. Weak weak. Smh
    We should never lose another recruit to them again

• Like Like x 1
  11. LonghornDave

12. LonghornDave

Anything less than 4 games ....

13. Buck-Horn

Buck-Horn Guest

I’m just glad the supposed Herman connection conspiracy is officially behind us. Time to move on from this story and focus on the season!!:hookem::hookem::hookem:

• Like Like x 3
  14. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  15. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

This suspension was to save face and throw a bone to the outraged. Now I’m outraged that the politically correct world got paid some lip service today. Applaud Meyer for not backing down immediately. More need to stand up against this title ix bs. All this proves is no one is responsible for their own actions. Meyer will serve his suspension and the fired coach n mrs will have to deal with each other, which should have happened in the first place.

16. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

While those denials were not accurate, he did not lie
    SMH

17. zuckercanyon

I feel like Ohio State (and Urban Meyer) are saying (without saying it), "so, we know everyone's bothered by this, so we're going to pretend we care and make our coach sit for a couple of games"...….

• Like Like x 2
  18. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Didn't watch, but heard he was arrogant and played the victim.

• Like Like x 1
  19. zuckercanyon

he is the victim of something he really didn't have to do with...….I don't know who created the law that exists today, but recall a conversation back in the day when someone said "title IX is not just about athletic scholarships for women"....and then everyone went back to what they were originally talking about....

20. LonghornDave

He
    deleted text messages before turning over his phone to investigators. That alone is a reason to discipline the highest paid public employee in Ohio. any other employee would be fired.

• Like Like x 1
  21. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Just wanted to apologize for my earlier, hasty (since deleted) post from yesterday. It now looks like an immature, uninformed and way too casual response to the "verdict". I have now had a chance to review some of the disclosed information and digest. Three games is a joke. This was everything tosu's spinsters would have us believe it wasn't. They clearly sold out for football with this rendering.

• Like Like x 1
  22. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

IMO this BOR decision and move to suspend UM 3 games for his behavior or lack thereof was a way to satisfy some they did something significant (without really doing much).

I think the 3 game suspension is light and really does little to punish him if that was their intent. His statement to the media was disgraceful and not contrite.

The team won't suffer with an interim HC for 3 non-conference games, Meyer is still paid (?) and has a blemish on his record whereas tOSU has an ugly stain on it's record.

Just my .02

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  23. LonghornDave

Luckily tOSU doesn't care about integrity. Any other public or private sector supervisor would have been fired for destroying evidence. Embarrassing.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Well I think lessons have been learned. It's hard to make great decisions when you are being lied to by someone you trust and there are reasons to doubt his accuser. This might look like a slap on the hand, but the salary Urban is missing out on could pay off my house, my son's college and put me in a nice new mid size sedan.

• Like Like x 3
  25. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

26. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I wish I could lie then become a victim.

• Like Like x 1
  27. LonghornDave

Can you
    can you recruit?

• Like Like x 3
  28. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

29. LonghornDave

makes me sick.

30. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Is he suspended the first 3 games or 3 games of their choosing haha. Wouldn't surprise me if that is the case. Go ahead and let him coach game 3 against TCU and apply game 3 of the suspension against Tulane the following week. Either way, 3 games, 2 being against Oregon State and Rutgers. Yeah, that'll teach 'em.