USC and UCLA to Big 10 - 2024

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by JohnnyBravo, Jun 30, 2022.

1. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

If God had not wanted Texans to ski He wouldn't have given us Colorado.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

He did and Texas gave it away to be a part of the US.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

But He STILL wants is to ski.

4. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Anyone else hearing a rumor of Oregon to the Big 12, or is that not news? That would seem to be a coup if true…

• Like Like x 1
  5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Haven’t heard that one but no doubt there are a lot of underground meetings going on everywhere.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

There is a rumor that Baylor is cutting a deal to leave the Big XII, but for where?

I wouldn't be surprised if Nike (not Oregon) tried to grab Washington, Tech, the two Arizona schools, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma State, Baylor, & TCU, with Stanford & Berzerkley and form a new 10/12 team conference, which with a quality commissioner could get an enhanced TV deal.

Lots of ifs and conjecture, but Baylor & TCU need the Big XII money, which will dry up when the new "who cares" show up.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Baylor exiting would be the best improvement to the BigXII since it's inception, when Baylor was wrongly allowed to join to begin with.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. TEXAS1983

TEXAS1983 250+ Posts

Grant Teaff's last game.

That's my enduring image of Baylor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

I STILL get p.o.'ed thinking about that game. Very rarely have I watched a sporting event where the officials decided in advance who was going to win. They decided in concrete that Grant was NOT going to lose his final SWC game. ¡Que pinche chingasos!

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. TEXAS1983

TEXAS1983 250+ Posts

Texas lost like 4 or 5 fumbles that day - several of them were oddly decided, not to mention the phantom holding calls at critical junctures, random ball spots, and inconsistent metrics for determining completed catches.

The fix was in, and no one even tried to hide it.

• Agree Agree x 2