USC = best team in the country

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by UTFanFromAZ, Jan 2, 2008.

1. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

USC, Georgia, LSU, OU, Ohio State are all pretty darn good, who knows who is the best?

2. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

3. Foshizzle

Foshizzle 25+ Posts

It's painful to me that one stupid injury and the lack of a decent backup QB is keeping Oregon out of this discussion.

4. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts

5. BigEarlinBastrop

BigEarlinBastrop 250+ Posts

6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I am not sure what USC has proven. All that I know they have proven is that they are better than the second best Big 10 team.

What did GA prove? They proved they are better than a team that let Washington get 21 points ahead of them.

7. AtlLonghorn

AtlLonghorn 25+ Posts

8. Nolalonghorn16

Nolalonghorn16 250+ Posts

Any year the "best" team in the country loses at home to Stanford qualifies as a ****** year for college football.

9. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

10. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

11. Mageeman

Mageeman 100+ Posts

I hate the CCG, I wish we had 10 members and could do it like the PAC 10, but not having a CCG makes it easier. You don't have to worry about playing a team twice or a team that is not very good given a chance to play spoiler.

I would rather play everyone in our conference, in a nine game schedule (plus it eliminates having to schedule someone OOC and playing some ****** team) but there needs to be some major re-aligning of the conferences for that to happen. The ACC, Big 12, and SEC need to eliminate two teams, the Big East needs two more teams, and the Big 10 needs to get rid on one. If we could make everyone a 10 conference league, that would be perfect. But I think among the BCS leagues, there needs to be uniformity between every conference and how they determine a conference champion.

12. kilgore trout

kilgore trout < 25 Posts

The same thing that happened last year with LSU/Notre Dame is happening this year. All USC and UGA proved last night is that they're capable of beating vastly inferior teams who had no business playing in BCS games. As a result, both will probably receive top 5 pre-season rankings.

They're both good teams, granted, but neither of these wins carry as much meaning as ESPN will spend the next 8 months trying to convince us they do. Michigan's win, IMO, was actually much more impressive.

j-

13. Hornstradamus

Hornstradamus 25+ Posts

Incorrect

The Rose could not get UGA unless they got permission from the Sugar due to that (3) rule in the BCS rulebook (which someone here previously posted)....

1) Rose never asked the Sugar
    2) Rose would never have gotten UGA from the Sugar anyway

14. Eating Club

Eating Club 250+ Posts

15. Eating Club

Eating Club 250+ Posts

btw Rose skipping UGA for Illinois is a huge myth. Unless the Sugar was willing to release UGA there's no way it could have happened. Roses's other options were basically WVU, Hawaii, Kansas, Mizzou, and ASU.