UT-Baylor game

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Tark, Jan 22, 2018.

1. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Just got a FB post from friend and fellow foundation donor about the horrible location of her seats. God I hate Baylor.

Let’s go Horns! Beat the Bears!

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Which Fact-o-Bake did Mulkey stop to get her makeup done. She looks awful.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Really need Brown and/or Cox in some foul trouble

• Like Like x 1
  4. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

WTH is Mulkey doing right here??

5. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

That was a BS stoppage of play! :brickwall:

6. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Going to be a long night.

7. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I despise Mulkey. She’s got no bench so stop the game using the officials. Bogus and Aston called her out on it (thank you Holly Rowe) with the refs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. UTFORLIFE

UTFORLIFE 25+ Posts

These are the types of games in which we need an actual motion offense. If our post come down and just sit in the post it gives their big 2 time to rest. We need to get them tired but or offense is not complex at all.

• Like Like x 3
  9. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Yup. We are shrinking under the pressure.
    No offense.
    Fouling every trip.
    Ugh.

10. UTFORLIFE

UTFORLIFE 25+ Posts

We’ve had more talent than everybody we’ve played against but our coach sucks. It’s time to accept that.

• Like Like x 2
  11. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Not playing well on either end of the court. I think we're shooting about 29%.

12. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

The nice thing about how few times we lose is how few times you post. Go away before someone drops a house on you. :rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 2
  13. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Their freshmen are amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. UTFORLIFE

UTFORLIFE 25+ Posts

Everybody else says what i say just in a nicer way .

15. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Great to see McCarty get that shot.

16. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Nope. Absolutely not true

17. UTFORLIFE

UTFORLIFE 25+ Posts

Keep dreaming if you think we’re winning a big 12 title let alone a National Title with Aston.

18. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I’ll keep dreaming and you keep being negative. I much prefer it that way.
    :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  19. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

who TF is this team?? I haven't seen them all season. Missing layups, missing defensive assignments etc. No way you'll be a top 3 team on the road doing those things. And Aston absolutely asked them the right question in the huddle when she asked if they were scared. It certainly looks that way.

One area I would like to see Aston improve in is not letting Milkey dictate to the officials so much without a rebuttal. When you see her getting on them and then they start to swing in her favor, jump on their A**. Will she get a tech or two? Yea, but so what. We're at the level where we should demand fairness. Id rather her get thrown out of a game for demanding they call it both ways rather than just bending over and taking it.

And wtf is going on with Brooke?? She's had a few bad games in a row, but this is abysmal. Kristi Wallace ate her lunch in the first half and she couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Looking forward to some changes in the 2nd half.

• Like Like x 2
  20. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

C'mom Horns! Make a run. Chip away.

21. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Yep. Mulkey got the refs going with that stoppage of play, for NO reason. And it spiraled from there.

22. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Kim always owns the refs. Karen never ever does. Love her or not, Kim is one of the best in the game (and yes she drives me nuts).

23. LutherIsMyDog

Ugh....we are better than this. I can't recall Brooke ever having this bad of a game.

24. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I have some harsh thoughts right now. But, just going to finish watching the game and sleep on it. I will say right now though, that this is embarrassing.

• Like Like x 2
  25. utfannforlife

Another year, another banner in Waco. I don't see a shorthanded OSU or WVU team beating them. At best they drop the game at WVU and split with us and share a title. With us having to travel to Stillwater and Morgantown I am not sure I would bet on that either.

26. utfannforlife

Also time to have the tough conversation about Brooke going to the bench. She struggling for the 4th or 5th game in a row?

27. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Just not gonna win very many games shooting 29% from the field and 11% from behind the arc. That being said, this is my school and that is my team.

• Like Like x 2
  28. utfannforlife

Oh I also fully expect BU to drop the hammer on us, as she should

29. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Sure Brooke is having a horrendous game, but can’t say a single player had a really good game.

I still think they’ll split

30. LutherIsMyDog

Wise words. I'm having to temper myself. At this point, I'm not sure why Karen doesn't give Destiny a chance. Just let her go and find some open shots. Can't hurt to have Chaz and Destiny get some minutes.

• Like Like x 2