UT President To Contact CU's

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by DRAG69, Feb 7, 2008.

1. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

This is embarrassing. I wish we would just drop it and move on.

2. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

3. El Cid Vicious

El Cid Vicious 100+ Posts

The NCAA needs to take some decisive action about USC and the Reggie Bush situation. CU would be the perfect whipping boy. [​IMG]

4. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

5. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

I'll check Orangebloods.com. I'm sure Ketch has the real scoop.

6. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

7. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

8. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

9. theropods

theropods 250+ Posts

10. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

I don't agree with this move. If our administration really wanted to do something about it, it should have anonymously given the information to Yahoo.com and let them run with it.

11. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

12. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

13. IcyHotStunta

IcyHotStunta 100+ Posts

14. Heretic Horn

Heretic Horn 250+ Posts

15. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

16. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, buy I believe we still have the Texas Angels, who work with recruits on visits. [​IMG]

17. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Seeing as how Stunta loves the worst soccer in the world in the cheatingest and dirtiest league to boot, his responses are actually very understandable.

But Mack prides himself on doing things the right way, at least he says this. I have a feeling that he would welcome anybody to snoop around if they want to. I am sure they have tried after the MNC and recruiting coups he has accomplished.

This is not Italy.

18. orangeblood83

orangeblood83 25+ Posts

Let it go, if CU did something wrong, let the NCAA deal with it.

19. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

20. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

21. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

22. Big12Observer

Big12Observer < 25 Posts

If Mack wanted this kid so bad, why didn't he call up Tom Hicks and have him offer the kid a minor league baseball contract?

Better yet, why didn't Mack tell the kid about the unlimited access he would have to $1 defense attorneys?

Throwing stones, glass houses, you get the picture.

23. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

24. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

well well well, do I detect the faintest whiff of Peruna ****?

The time to stop this **** is NOW, if CU is cheating, nail their *** and don't apologize, if this Scott and his mom accepted favors and it ruins his life, tough ****, don't do the crime if you can't do the time. And with the internet like it is, if you done the dirty deed it's gonna be dammned difficult to stuff the body under the rug, cause they is gonna be a lotta people digging for dirt.

If a school IS cheating and you got the goods on them, and you don't turn them in then you deserve what happens.

This feels way too much like the crap that went on at that little school up there in Dallas. That **** didn't turn out good for Texas football.

25. S197HQQKEM

S197HQQKEM 500+ Posts

and if the kid didn't accept any favors, then best of luck to him and his mom.

26. txangel03

txangel03 25+ Posts

27. Big12Observer

Big12Observer < 25 Posts

S197, would you be this worked up about it if the roles were reversed? If CU was accusing Texas of this kind of violation, over a single recruit, would you be on here with the same attitude toward the young man and the 40 Acres?

28. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Very good rant, Angel!

29. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

30. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

I reluctantly am starting to get the same feeling I did back in SWC days, when it seemed like every school was turning in every other school for violations, real or imagined.

The perception in all of this is going to be that Texas didn't land Scott, so out of sour grapes, we're pushing alleged CU violations. I hope that's not the case, that in fact, Texas is just pursuing a level recruiting field.

I'm conflicted over whether we should pursue this, or just let Scott be a Buff, whatever might or might not have been offered, and move on. I'm interested in hearing others' takes on this.