UT-Tech

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by ProdigalHorn, Mar 8, 2018.

1. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

**sigh**

Same old same old. Team's currently looking primed to play itself out of a tourney bid. Osetkowsky continues to set new standards for how badly you can miss threes and still be considered a shooter. No one's moving on offense, lots of standing around. Apparently Shaka's pre-game speech was something along the lines of "31 three attempts wasn't enough. Our problem on offense is we don't shoot them OFTEN enough!"

• Like Like x 2
  2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Take heart, we are only down by 14 in the first ten minutes. At this rate you will be disgusted enough that you will be to watch Big Bang Theory at 7.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Yep. 1 for 9 from three....why does Shaka not tell them to push down low. Of course thats hard because everyone gives open threes with no regard. Bamba is back tonight, but not even trying to get it to one of the best big guys down low. But mart, they are 4 for 4 from the FT line.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Texas has no energy and passion. Looking sad will not help you win.
    Have some fight.
    I am not impress with the Coaching either.
    Jacking up all those 3's, that are not going in. Why do we not try to get the ball inside.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Wow, Bamba for 3 as time expires.....only down by 7 as time expires at the half. No matter how badly this team plays they are in every game.

• Like Like x 3
  6. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

nice drain of the three by Bamba to close out the half down only 7, 35-28

• Like Like x 3
  7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Yes, yes and yes. Hammer hits the nail on the head.

8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Shaka complained to the commentator that only 3 or 4 are playing with energy tonight. Why is that COACH???

• Like Like x 2
  9. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Slowly trying to creep back in it

• Like Like x 1
  10. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Rare 4 pt opportunity

• Like Like x 3
  11. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Roach kills Texas. He make so many turnover.
    J.Young is playing well. We just don't look well Coached.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Very Pride of J.Young play. If he could just get a little help.....

• Like Like x 2
  13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Young is taking over the game for Texas.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Vol Horn 4 Life

And he is gassed already...but then he hits yet another THREE!

• Like Like x 4
  15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I wonder why. You might want to email your comment to Billie Powers.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Vol Horn 4 Life

Young assist to Coleman!!!!! This dude is ballin tonight! He is the only reason this team is in this game. The rest of the team is just here.

• Like Like x 5
  17. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Now all the player's are standing around waiting on J.Young to score.
    Hell help him. They just looking. Not even boxing out on Defense.

18. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

Never led ONCE. Shake has lost Jericho Sims! Our Bigs “body language” is all you need to watch! The Shaka VCU pressure D that made them great has not arrived in Austin!

• Like Like x 1
  19. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Not to mention its a sin to set a screen in Shaka's no movement offense.

• Like Like x 1
  20. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Flatfootkowsky or is it Snowbirdkowski? has also established himself as the least energetic player I think I’ve seen in a Texas Longhorn jersey in probably 2 decades of sports...sports. As in any sport not just basketball. Jesus does this guy ever push the floor or play Defense or actually jump up in the air to get a rebound ?

I’ve been high on JY all year. He just had good basketball DNA and a relentless motor. Tonight is, I think, a good case study for what he could be for our team as a consistent starter.

• Like Like x 1
  21. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

yep, confusing why the ball was not going inside more. Especially with how well the posts did in the last game. Hard to believe that Sims and Bamba only had eight shots between them with Bamba making 4-5. Not counting Dylan's attempts since he was hanging around the 3pt line so much.

• Like Like x 1
  22. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Watching ttu cut to the basket, get easy layups (three in a row during one stretch) off the motion offence impressed me. And they play tough defense.

Only a career night by J Young kept it close. Too bad we can't generate easy baskets off motion and passing like ttu. Our guys seem to not know how to run cuts, slashes, picks, and the motion it takes to get open for an occasional easy shot.

Our offense was so stagnant, really not pushing the ttu defense to cover us, just jacking up long jumpers for the first 10 minutes of the game.

We just could not come all the way back from an early 14-2 deficit. TTu is well coached. Seems like their coach gets the most out of his lineup. Should be an excellent game between ttu and wvu.

All that said, again our guys played very hard in the second half to make a game of it. shaka gets them to play with heart, never give up. I hope Bamba gets the chance to play in the NCAA tourney.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

One East Region projection

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  25. Vol Horn 4 Life

I can not express how frustrated I am. In my opinion, this team has the talent to hang with any team I the country. I firmly believe Shaka has no idea how to get anything out of this team. If they show up, they show up. If they dont, they dont.

Every game is played exactly the same with no adjustments all dependent if they make or miss the three. Jeez, just recruit only the best three point shooters and have five guards on the floor at all times!!!! Why even recruit players like Bamba if you don't plan on using him the way he should be used?

26. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Just watched the big block by the Tech player on ESPN (they're promoting it as a great play). Looked like he slammed into Roach. Clear foul. No call. Great.

• Like Like x 5
  27. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Yea, I was thinking that should have been a foul, as well.

28. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I guess the rationale is that all the contact came after the block. Not sure that's how that call's supposed to work.

• Like Like x 1
  29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

My opinion - Bamba is to Smart as Chris Simms & Garrett Gilbert were to Greg Davis. All three will have left The University a lesser player than when they arrived.

I don't know if it's Smart's scheme or what Bamba learned before he arrived, but he looks lost on defense. Even if it is supposed to be a zone, he has no business abandoning the lane to go out around the free throw line, leaving the basket and lane undefended. That is piss poor coaching, which we shouldn't have for that salary.

30. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Boy do I agree. There has to be a plan, a scheme. Where’s the passion? Much of the time this team seems lost, rudderless. You have to wonder what a Bill Self, Tom Izzo or about 20 other coaches would be getting out of this team.