UT vs OU

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by txlandagent, Feb 27, 2016.

1. mars

mars 100+ Posts

This is a totally different team. Holmes was a big part of that team as was Ridley. Ridley's put back won that tourney game. If Ridley had been available all year I'd be more inclined to agree with you.

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Thanks for posting. I didn't get to see the game yesterday so I've watched the last 7 minutes or so of this twice today.

You know how when you can't watch a game and so you check your phone once in a while and you see that it's kind of close but we're losing and you think oh well maybe we can make a run later and then when you get in the car and check the score again and the game's already over and we totally kicked OU’s ***? That’s a cool feeling.

• Like Like x 2
  3. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

This sentence went on a run as big as the Horns against OU, in the last five minutes of the game. :smile1:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I went 22-0 in that second paragraph. BALLGAME.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

This was like the basketball equivalent of the 2008 OU football game. OU led for most of that one until we went on 25-7 run to close out the game.

6. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

It also reminded me of this past year's football game. Undefeated OU against 1-4 Texas, most people probably thought we had little or no chance of winning that game.

7. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I liked some of the comments after the game and hope that they're accurate, referring to the idea that this team seems to be keeping its legs under it in a time when teams are generally starting to get worn down by the grind of the season. It sure looked like Texas was the fresher team down the stretch, because OU missed a lot of shots they would typically be hitting.

How much of that came from the adrenaline of the home team and how much from depth and conditioning, I guess we'll find out soon. Hoping to get a repeat of it tonight!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

How much of it came from our depth? Look at playing time, four of ous starters had 32 or more w/ Hield @ 39 and Spangler @ 38. Only 7 players w/ significant playing time. We had 9 players w/ 9 minutes or more and Holland w/ 7. Only Taylor (36) and Lammert (32) had more than 30

9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

But I was told Lammert should never see the floor. And Felix too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

The Fork was with Lammert and Felix. As Yoda Smart says, "Try, do not. Do!"

11. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Well, Felix had ONLY 29 minutes so I guess Smart agrees. Otherwise, he'd have Taylor numbers