VB: #16 Duke out; Texas gets AU

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by s102r18, Dec 7, 2013.

1. s102r18

s102r18 250+ Posts

Oops, error in the original title; Duke was #16.

American University swept Duke to advance to the Lincoln Regional.

In Game #3 American gave up a long run early to fall far behind, and another late to let Duke back into the game. Sandwiched between those two Duke runs was an AU run of at least 15-1 (including 11-0 and 4-0). Wow.

[​IMG]

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

yeah, I was following this and forgot about it watching the last quarter of the FB game.

American looks to be on a run. They will certainly be a crowd favorite as the big underdog.

I hope this game is on tv/online somewhere.

4. s102r18

s102r18 250+ Posts

5. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

6. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

In hind-site, wish we would have been seeded #4. Mizzou had an easier bracket and blew it.

7. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

Looks like we are on a collision course with Nebraska, whom we beat in a nail-biter (3-2) early in the season. How did Nebraska manage to host this regional instead of us?

8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

think they bid for it. Can you imagine how many people we would get if they played the regional at the Drum?

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Neb gets San Diego. That's a tough matchup for the Huskers.

10. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

Man, I remember going to volleyball matches at the Drum, and it was awful, just like basketball there. Given the choice, I prefer the tougher road of beating Nebraska in their own house, kinda like beating Ohio State in football at the Shoe (at night) on the way to the MNC game against USC. Could make for an epic season.

11. s102r18

s102r18 250+ Posts