Vermin Morality

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by Dionysus, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Rats demonstrate empathy

Lab rats show empathy by rescuing other rats trapped in a cage.

2. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

Attorneys are also unjustly villified. Not sure we could claim those percentages, but neither can the general public.

3. Pogo

Pogo 250+ Posts

Empathy does not necessarily equal morality. That would be if a rat demonstrated that it chose not to kill another rat in order to get more food for itself. Or something.

4. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

when we beome planet of the rats, rule #1 will be, "rat shall not kill rat"

5. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

How did the researchers control that it wasn't for other reasons such as sex, interest (as in to see what is going on), protection (like elephants protecting the herd) or food (like cannibalism)? Empathy seems like the least logical reason from an evolutionary viewpoint.

6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

7. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

8. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

9. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

10. Gadfly

Gadfly 250+ Posts

11. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

When rats effectively demonstrate a sense of true moral bankruptcy we can compare them to tort lawyers. Until then, give the rats a break.

12. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

As an attorney with a more true sense of morality I can say with confidence that I would prefer the company of a rat than someone who thinks all people of one profession ought to be painted with the same brush like at least one poster does.

13. Gadfly

Gadfly 250+ Posts

14. CedarParkFan

15. Gadfly

Gadfly 250+ Posts

Let me tell you something, Cedar.

You deserve respect and justice, so they demand it. [​IMG]

16. CedarParkFan

Thanks Gadfly. I'll remember that next time I slip on the floor at HEB after walking past those yellow "Caution: Wet Floor" signs. [​IMG]

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Did anybody see the Onion article a couple of weeks ago proclaiming that researches are baffled and shocked by a study showing that human beings are capable of empathy?

18. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

I have been a persoanl injury lawyer for longer than many of you have been alive. I am always amused by people who hate on us. These are the folks who believe that Allstate is a fine company full of caring people and that Flo is the face of Progressive. Invariably, some ******* will run them over in a car and they will try to deal with the insurance industry by themselves and then they see why I have a job. "But my injuries are real!" I'm not a bad guy, and honestly, I wish I didn't have so much work.

19. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts