Vic’s MSU Coaching Staff

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, Apr 5, 2020.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Lovato just scrubbed her Twitter profile of all things Mississippi State this morning. Dionnah Jackson still has a Mississippi State banner and MS coaching title.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Now we're talking!

Glad to see I haven't been the only one stalking the MSU asst. coaches' twitter pages!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

All signs still pointing to Harris, Lovato, and Jackson coming?

Anyone making sense of the delay?

4. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I am wondering the same thing. I'm getting very anxious because it normally does not take this long. I mean it's not like anyone is doing anything else but sitting at home so I wonder what the delay is.

5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I’m wondering if they are waiting for BOR approval for the amount of money being spent on WBB. Vic’s salary and buyout were significant but another number that leapt out at me was Johnnie Harris’s rumored salary if she came to Texas - $400,000 to $500,000. Considering what the previous staff was making, that’s also a huge jump. Jamie Carey was making $189K as Karen’s associate head coach. Shaka’s associate head coach made $350K.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Checked the job posting site for UT and the only available WBB positions currently listed are “Coordinator of Player Development, Women's Basketball” and “Director of Operations, Women's Basketball”. The player development role was posted 2 days ago, DOO was posted 10 days ago. No coaching jobs were listed so either they’ve been filled and removed (no announcement obviously) or the wait will continue for some time.

7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Hard to believe that Johnnie Harris was earning more than our men's hoops assistant coaches, even though the most recent hires haven't been around long at all.

8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Unfortunately I cannot find the Mississippi public salaries as easily as those for Texas (thanks, Texas Tribune) so I don’t know what she was making in Starkville. I’m assuming the rumored Texas salary would include a raise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Sure wish Cathy Mac would apply for and get the job of DOBO!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

Just as I said...Lovato IS coming to Texas...

• Like Like x 2
  11. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Welcome Coach Harris to the family!:hookem:

• Like Like x 5
  12. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

According to Miss State’s 247 writer, Maryann Baker (Director of Basketball Operations) will not be joining Vic in Austin.

“Morris takes over the ops role left by Maryann Baker who was on Vic Schaefer's staff. Baker is the only member of Schaefer's staff that will stay at MSU and a source revealed that she will take a redefined role inside the athletic department.”

• Like Like x 1