Videos: Behold the Longhorn network

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Bevo Incognito, Sep 21, 2011.

1. rememberthealamo

rememberthealamo 250+ Posts

...24/7 programming lot of repeats...hard to generate enough content...hence, espn wanting to add high school games to round out the package for marketing purposes...and this led to the unravelling of the big 12....can you say...jumping the shark ? ...everyone,including the powers that be, is looking at this new and shiny toy,subjectively, through orange colored glasses...in short,espn overpaid and trying to recoup investment and we are made the fall guy or excuse for others to discard their alliances...in the long run it will be a big bore except for replays where we bask in the afterglow of our latest victory on the field...has anyone heard of a dvr ? ...just sayin'..

2. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

alamo,

I'd be happy with the 30 or 60 minute segment of "todays practice" nightly, and the 2 hr pregame show.....along with the classic games.

I honestly don't need 8 hours of content every evening. 60 minutes per week night.The weekend full of 'pregame, game, postgame, and football talk' suits me just fine....and I think it would siut most 'Horn fans. [​IMG]

3. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

4. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

If the LHN shows all UT home volleyball games, soccer games, baseball, softball games and tennis/tracj/golf/swimming etc... then that is a hell of a lot of programming....

5. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

As someone that stays home during the day, most of the stuff on TV during the day is crap and all the channels repeat their programing. There are several shows that I have seen every episode of and have only watched in on repeats.

Have you watched ESPN during the day? It is usually SportsCenter over and over again or their ESPN radio shows being televised.

6. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

kjgirl,

true, and as much as I like to watch the Big10 Network, there's a ton of reruns on there too. Last week or before, every night I turned on the channel it was Wisc beating tOSU. Same game. The week prior, it was non stop Nortwestern - Michigan.

If done right, the LHN would be great.

7. rememberthealamo

rememberthealamo 250+ Posts

...dont get me wrong I am all for the LHN and our right to have it...and yes I hope to get it....however, I am upset with the way this high school programming issue was handled by espn and us...we said we were going to schedule high school games to round out programming....subsequently and I believe rightly the ncaa ruled against it...yet espn said they intend to do it anyway,we should have stood up and said wait...and failing to do this was the tipping point that led to this fall out...

8. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

Rememberthealamo: "..."

9. volibolero

volibolero < 25 Posts

Game changer, for sure. The other big programs will have no choice but to develop their own channels to keep up, but just a few will be able to match our distribution and revenue possibilities.

Texas is finally playing their cards right.

10. Longtex

Longtex 100+ Posts

Needs. To. Be. Streamed. On. Demand.

Name your subscription price.

11. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

what longtex said....

[​IMG]

12. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

might be better that I do not have it right now...that is like crack and I would watch non stop

13. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

Texas Golf ... I agree.

I would watch the same stupid video of the women's swim team sweating in their Bikram Yoga classes over and over and over ...

14. jdelatorre

jdelatorre 500+ Posts

I have had my freebie on youtube and would pay ESPN to attach a satellite receiver to my house.

15. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

WOW! Can't wait until I can get it in my area!

16. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

Have called Directv twice, both times they said they're not planning to add LHN. The other providers that carry the LHN, I don't have access to.

This needs to be available for on-line viewing very soon. Set a price & see if or how it takes off. If it goes well and subscribers dive in, the cable and dish companies will take note. [​IMG]