Vince Young might accept salary cut

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by zzzz, Aug 13, 2009.

1. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

2. GiantHorns

GiantHorns 250+ Posts

There is a difference between taking a pay cut and restructuring a contract to lower a cap hit.

3. buckhorn

buckhorn 1,000+ Posts

I was talking to a friend while watching the HoF game. I said to him that the Titans' salary cap guys were already thinking about either reworking aspects of the contract or dumping Young altogether. He is too expensive to be on the payroll as a third rate QB, which, at this point, he is.

Subject to change, but coming on fast.

4. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

What does Collins get you that Young doesn't? Both lost in the first round of the playoffs. Collins had the vastly superior team and competition too.

Hopefully the defacto year off has allowed Vince to heal.

5. Apostle7550

Apostle7550 100+ Posts

6. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

Could this be a prelude to a trade? Seems like a great way to induce trade offers would be to restructure your contract to lower your cap hit. I'm no accountant, so I don't really understand all this "guaranteed money," "salary cap space" mumbo jumbo. [​IMG]

But it just seems to me that Vince has worn out his welcome in Nashville.

7. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

The Titans don't want to spend the money to open up the field for a quarterback who, if he were to be injured, would make the scheme laughable. Their goal seems to be a playoff appearance each year, which isn't bad at all.

8. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, that Kerry Collins is intelligent. Oh wait, isn't he the one throwing down racial slurs to his teammates? [​IMG]

9. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

10. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa 500+ Posts

It is NOT a pay cut. It's simply restructuring of a contract. Vince will not make a penny less than what the original contract called for.

11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

12. The Drake

The Drake 250+ Posts

13. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

collins is a better choice to build a team around.

collins is terrible, old, injury prone, and had a career year for him last year which wasnt good at all if you compare him to other NFL QB's. VY will play this year for the simple fact that Collins will probably get injured. He isnt very good anyway. the only plus side i see with collins is that he is old and is too old to try and make a play and make a mistake. you cant build a team around collins though, nobody would do that.

14. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

15. RedRiverRocks

RedRiverRocks 500+ Posts

he should take pay cut, he's been a bust so far, and so has Leinfart