WALLACE! WALLACE!

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by WashU-Horn, Dec 12, 2011.

1. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

A few pics of both in college and HS.
    The Link

This link at the bottom is who has offered and who has interest and the dates of all of his current visits through this Saturday.
    The Link

[​IMG]

2. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

So he will pretty much have to sign on the spot to get admitted in time for UT?

3. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

4. Branyon

Branyon 500+ Posts

It appears he is bound for MSU unless Texas wows him this weekend. Per his coach:

“I don’t know what he will do,” East Mississippi Community College coach Buddy Stephens said Friday. “I think he’ll make a decision this weekend. I think his mind is made up.”

All three schools have offered scholarships, Stephens said Friday morning. Wallace is meeting with MSU coach Dan Mullen today.

With his mind possibly already “made up,” does that mean MSU is at the top of his list?

“Well, I know he was enjoying his trip to Starkville,” Stephens said.

Hmmm.

5. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

Starkeville v. Austin. . .uh, let's let the jury reach a verdict. [​IMG]

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

7. deserthorn

deserthorn 100+ Posts

So the word is he is not visiting this weekend.

8. BigVegasHorn26

BigVegasHorn26 250+ Posts

So long DGB.

9. lanceut

lanceut 250+ Posts

Good lord, could the recruiting news possibly be any worse than it already has been over these last 48 hours! [​IMG]

10. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

obviously I don't have a clue how recruiting works, but do you think he was offered something contingent upon cancelling his visit? I mean if he really experienced a Saturday night in Austin and compared it to a Friday night in Starkville, I can't imagine it being close.

11. HornFinc

HornFinc 250+ Posts

What the hell? I wasn't expecting him to be RG3 or Andrew Luck, but what the heck could it have hurt? Some of this recruiting stuff is just perplexing to me. I know we got in late on him, but not even a visit?

12. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

Per ESPN report (citing a Texas source), Wallace wanted to visit Texas during his Waco trip. His visit to Austin was contingent upon Case transferring. Case reportedly told the coaches he wasn't transferring, so there will be no visit and no offer.

13. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

14. tholly

tholly 1,000+ Posts

I think it's time to tell Case that using the transfer word voids your scholarship.

15. Branyon

Branyon 500+ Posts

Does Texas really want a QB who doubts his ability to compete with Case McCoy?

Or, is the doubt about getting a fair shake from the master of the famliy atmosphere?

I don't buy the McCoy transfer as a condition to Wallace's visit. Even if true, what HC with any integrity would allow a potential signee to dictate the terms for a mere visit?

16. RobbyHorn

RobbyHorn 500+ Posts

i get the feeling something is rotten in the state of denmark. red flags all over this turn of events.

17. HornFinc

HornFinc 250+ Posts

18. Third Coast

19. HornFinc

HornFinc 250+ Posts

The link posted wasn't working for me, so I wasn't able to see the report. Thanks. I personally think that's a bonehead move on our part, but what do I know.

20. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Another stupid recruiting move by Mack.

21. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

22. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

I guess you could say... for some programs... recruiting the quarterback position really is rocket science. Harder than. Much harder.

It's more likely a physicist at UT will identify the Higgs Particle than will Mack his starting quarterback.

"Higgs particle? Got it. Nailed that sucker."

"Who's our starter? We're waiting for one to separate from the others."

waiting... [​IMG]

23. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

Ah, so we're waiting for some particular Adam to split?

24. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

I cannot believe this latest theory. You mean to tell me half the SEC schools oversign big-time every year, and we can't oversign by one single player?

I just can't believe we're that inept. How about the other two theories.

1. Our coaches promised Connor we wouldn't sign another QB.

2. Our coaches think we're just fine with only Case/Ash/Brewer as dropback QBs, and Overstreet as Wildcat.

If either #1 or #2 is true, a certain famous fabulous recruiter needs to undergo some serious self-examination, imo.

25. rememberthealamo

rememberthealamo 250+ Posts

there is a sigma 3 event on the higgs boson at cern...evidence that it exists ...we have that in Ash ...what we need now is a sigma 5 a discovery and that takes more reps ...

26. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

Everyone's getting whipped into a frenzy because the 'Horns are passing on Wallace who, for whatever reason, is not garnering much interest from programs other than Miss. State and Baylor. I'm not crazy about the QB situation that the 'Horns are in either, but isn't it possible that Texas and other major FBS programs that need a QB upgrade know something about Wallace that makes them less enamored with him than those who have only seen the guy on a highlight video? It would be one thing if Texas was the only team not showing much interest, but that does not appear to be the case. There's got to be more to this story.

27. orangecat1

orangecat1 500+ Posts

Texas would be more attractive than Baylor because Baylor has a QB ready to go. Did you see him throw 3 TDs against Tech in the 2nd half, looking better than RGIII?

Now, I grant playing for Briles appears to be a sure-fire ticket to the pros, but he would have to compete for the #2 job, and then probably start for two years for Briles.

You know what, he could do a lot worse than learn from Art Briles. In fact, right now, who is developing Qbs better than Briles?

28. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

The grass is ALWAYS greener, right? [​IMG]

29. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

Ole miss boards are saying he's officially a rebel. Or a black bear. Or whatever their mascot is.

30. Third Coast

Lord have mercy on the SEC defenses.