Walmart People

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Seamus McBundy, Aug 20, 2008.

1. So I was at the Walmart and I saw this big (not too overweight) woman pulling up to the cash register in one of those store owned scooters. She is also towing a shopping cart behind her.

Well as soon as this women stops she hesitates for a few seconds, looks around, and then steps out and starts unloading her stuff!! WTF?? She had no problem moving around or unloading ****. She was just as mobile as any other healthy person.

[​IMG]

2. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

maybe she could stand and move around enough to unload ****, but not enough to walk around the entire store shopping?

3. You're right, that could have been the case. But she seemed very mobile and was quick to get up, walk around, and unload. Just didn't seem to be much of a problem for her.

4. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts

i refuse to go to walmart anymore. i can't believe humanity has shrunk so low. i hate that i say it because i tell my wife i'm not trying to be a snob but it's just depressing.

5. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

i hate those carts for lazy people in all grocery stores. i have yet to see a handicapped person in one. i don't mind very old people getting in them because it is hard for them to get around and walk long distances but all i see really are fat women riding in them.

6. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

7. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico 1,000+ Posts

8. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

Was she hot?

9. crash_davis

crash_davis 250+ Posts

at walmart? probably not.

10. Ive havn't seen uglier on campus!

11. LHB_SOB

LHB_SOB 250+ Posts

I agree that its sad a healthy woman was using a scooter around a Walmart. But I am also willing to give the benefit of the doubt. Just because you didn't see her be crippled up at a moment does not mean that she doesn't have problems. She might have been like my mother--she has a set reserve of mobility before the pain becomes too severe to continue. I know chances are against it, but I feel better thinking there was a good reason behind it.

12. Jeffrey

Jeffrey 25+ Posts

13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I used to work at H-E-B. There was probably a 2:1 ratio of lazy people to actual injured/disabled/etc people using those carts. During peak hours it was really annoying because we'd have to scramble to make sure we had motorized carts available for people who really had to have them.

14. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

When I was a cart-guy at Sam's we used to hate the people who rode in those things. We had like four or five working ones at any given time and some Saturdays we'd run out due to high demand. I'd say 90% of users were just fat and lazy, about 5% were old and about 5% were actually disabled in some way. One thing I always noticed is that most people that were actually disabled brought their own scooters. Think about it - if you have a mobility problem, it doesn't begin and end at Sam's Club.

The only thing worse than the fat-lazy scooter-riders were the lazy, able-bodied Indian dudes who would come and buy thousands of dollars in Gatorade, cigarettes, coke, beer, candy..you name it, and then make us load all their crap for them while sitting there just watching. There is a special place in hell for those guys.

15. Swiffert

Swiffert 250+ Posts

I love going to Walmart. Great prices and a freak show everytime i go.

16. kgp

kgp 1,000+ Posts

Many people who should be in a WC for legitimate (if not necessarily outwardly apparent) reasons use them in patterns that could easily befuddle a casual observer. With that stated, though, vast numbers of "disabled" people are not. They show up in doctors' offices wanting handicap permits and official medical evaluations that they are disabled but lack debilitating conditions except supratentorially. I refuse to sign my name to pseudodisabled persons' charades, but I guess some are less indignant or get worn down.

Sometimes I still shop at Walmart. I guess in some way I am low class. [​IMG]

17. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I will point out that you have to set foot in WalMart to witness the people of WalMart, which I never do, but there is one thing that bugs me at the HEB-those people who load their kids into those oversize carts that look like cars, and are in fact the size of a 1967 Volkwagon Beetle, and take up every aisle, passageway and counter you would like to navigate.

18. FondrenRoad

FondrenRoad 1,000+ Posts

19. Ok_Longhorn

Ok_Longhorn 25+ Posts

You're right. The only time I've ever seen a hot chick in Walmart is when my wife is with me. And the only reason she'll go inside is it beats waiting out in the car.

Target, on the other hand....

20. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

I f'in hate Wal-Mart. I used to live near one that routinely sold moldy cheese, green cold cuts, weird-tasting beef, and milk that spoiled within 2-3 days, regardless of the expiration date on the label. [​IMG]

On top of that, I usually got stuck behind the fat woman who would slip through the express lane with 59 items. The able-bodied people riding the scooters sounds about right.

H-E-B was a monumental improvement when they opened up a new presence in town.

21. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

...are about to elect our next president.

22. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

I used to go after working nights downtown. It'd be 3am, and there would be families there WITH THEIR KIDS. The line would still be 6 people deep, because only 1 line was open.

23. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

I love when said kids are barefoot, walking through the parking lot.

183/I35 is the special store I recall.

24. Larry T. Spider

Larry T. Spider 1,000+ Posts

and then I have to teach them in class 4 hours later and wonder why they are so sleepy

25. schnarkle

schnarkle 500+ Posts

the other day I saw a 4 year old girl, about as wide as she was tall, waddling down the aisle barefoot with a donut in each hand.

My wife and I just shook our heads. [​IMG]

26. TexTenn

TexTenn 25+ Posts

27. evolujohn

evolujohn 100+ Posts

[​IMG]

some people should not be allowed behind the wheel (or what ever means of steering) of any means of transport...

28. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

Many of the people in the scooters would benefit the most from not having access to them. Or automobiles. Or A/C. Or TV.

29. wwt

wwt 25+ Posts

30. FondrenRoad

FondrenRoad 1,000+ Posts

evolujohn,

That chick would be in the top 5% of women at Wal-Mart. That's how bad the WalMart demographic is.