Water @ Mex restaurants

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by Horny Ringman, May 5, 2011.

1. Horny Ringman

Horny Ringman 250+ Posts

What the he'll!? Is it too much to ask to get water when I sit down @ a Mex food joint? None of them bring water anymore. You have to ask.....no, beg for it to satisfy your thirst while you eat chips and salsa. They bring margaritas out @ freakin light speed, but when you ask for water the wait staff shuts down and looks at you like you asked for oral service from their mom. when did water become a commodity like Dom Perignon?

2. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Why bring water unless it's requested?

Some of us can handle our salsa. [​IMG]

3. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

We went to Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania several years ago and wine was free, but you had to pay for the water. Not in any way related to a local mexican restaurant, but water has for quite some time been more expensive to buy than gasoline.

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Pinche gringo quires agua!

5. TexasRx

TexasRx 500+ Posts

Carta Blanca has water in it... order that instead

6. Horny Ringman

Horny Ringman 250+ Posts

7. eugene11

eugene11 250+ Posts

In reply to:

8. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

ask for it, the restaurants run on a thin margin and costs have risen considerably for them. it probably coststhem twice as much to preapre a meal as it did just 5 months ago, but i bet their prices have not doubled. they are trying to save money. filling, washing and cleaning water glasses does cost money. a lot pf people dont drink the complimentary water (i dont) so they probably are just bringing it to those that request it.

9. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

Uh, spanish for lime is lima and spanish for lemon es limon.

10. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Here in Temple, you have to ask for limon verde if you want a lime.

11. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I think they may just be giving you unripened lemons. [​IMG]

12. Horn-N-LA

Horn-N-LA 1,000+ Posts

They don't make money on water. They'll hustle like hell for you, but they'll have to be making a buck to do it. To me it's akin to the fast food joints that would put tip lines on the receipt, even for the drive thru's.